Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2004, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Dids\'s WSOP \'05 Get Less Fat Incentive Plan.

[ QUOTE ]
seems like a worthy goal! another thing that might work well is, if you like to run, sign up for some local road races where you live. sign up for a 10k race in a couple of months, and it will give you a goal to train for. you would be amazed at what you can accomplish with a good, reasonable training program. I never thought I could run a marathon, but I got in to the nyc one a couple years back and now I've run two! hal higdon has a bunch of good, free training programs on his website, www.halhigdon.com

--turnipmonster

[/ QUOTE ]

this is excellent advice.

i run 4-5 miles per day and am now 100% addicted to it. i used to weigh about 200-210 lbs (i'm 5-7.5 or 5-8 so that is a good amount on my frame). i now weigh 150odd pounds (although i had a bad swing the other way and was at 130odd for a little while)...

running and eating right was the absolute no question key to the loss of weight and my lifestyle is now such that its almost impossible for me to gain more than 5-10 lbs by eating wrong. i also have to eat right to maintain my weight so if i stop eating again i lose the weight too quick since i run so much.

your goals are definately doable and i would suggest a few things:

1) walk 1.5 miles BEFORE you eat dinner every day (it takes so little time and is quite enjoyable says those who i've talked to who do it)

WHY? there were studies done that showed that a person excersizing vigrorously burned LESS FAT than somebody walking at a slow/medium pace. fat doesn't get burned as efficiently at a high rate of anerobic respiration (aparantly) and therefore a slow walk before dinner EVERY DAY (in addition to your "workouts") will really show a significant difference.

2) eat things you love. i happen to love corn and lima beans together for lunch. tastes good and is really good for you. i also do something very bad, which is i skip breakfast b/c i like sleep above eating (but just barely) so i don't eat till about 1/2 every day. this is bad b/c i eat more later in the day and thats worse than eating earlier in the day. so find foods you love and eat breakfast and lunch and dinner around healthy foods.

3) DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES eat extra trans fats. no candy, no partially hydrogenated oils (chips etc.) and NONE OF THAT CRAP: eat bananas! they are delicious and healthy. apples, peaches pears etc. are also good. if you have a sweet tooth buy strawberries and blackberries (oh, god blackberries are awesome)

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

-Barron