Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 04:03 PM

Default Re: When Should I stop?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Took a stab at the 10/20 6m today with 6500$. I'm down ~1400$. The games are incredibly soft, the beats are ridiculous. I'm definitely a winner in this game.

When should I get up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not know that the 6500 was your whole BR. I would stop. you don't want to be unable to play 5/10 as your main game, how many BB would you be comfortable playing 5/10 with?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm done playing. Ended down 1400$. I stopped about 10 minutes ago.

I've got about 8k in savings from poker, and I play the 5/10 with 500BB's, or 5k, which I've got in my BR now, so I'm in fine shape.

I had a good run at the beginning of this month at 5/10, so I'm actually only down 50$ for the month. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I'm pissed I didn't walk away a winner at these tables, they were insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you did the right thing. I also think that adding 1 juicy 10/20 table to your mix of 5/10 tables wouldn't be a bad idea. There's no reason to jump up a level completely when you can mix/match tables and go for good game selection while easing your way into higher limit games.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:42 PM

I remember playing with you a lot at 5/10 joshua and I'm pretty sure you could beat 10/20 with good table selection. FWIW, I ended up down $2300 last night as well despite great tables.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:48 PM

I don't think lots of cold-calling/floating is necessarily indicative of an easy game. In fact, if you're running bad and tilting at all, being cold-called by tricky players who don't fold incorrectly postflop WILL be uber-expensive. I know from experience here. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2005, 06:03 PM

In regards to the cold-calling: Alot of these guys play pretty bad before the flop, but unlike at the 1/2, they can be tough post-flop.
IOW, I don't think their preflop mistakes give you as big an edge as you are assuming.