Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Re: What are you the best at?

[ QUOTE ]
All these responses and not a single Contra on NES. Let me be the first to say that I am the best Contra player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember a couple of months ago that The Dude and GoT(?) were involved in a bet as to whether or not one or the other could finish NES Contra without dying. Or something like that. I hope one of them will chime in and post the correct bet, and the results.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fishing

[/ QUOTE ]

? what kind? See my above posts.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:31 PM

Nothing too exciting:

Finding and interpreting IRS regulations
Skulling wedge shots across greens and into parking lots
Drinking large quantities of Coca Cola without puking
Old 04-27-2005, 07:43 PM

I also used to be able to pee further than anyone I know. Can anyone pee further than 13 feet (horizontal distance at ground level)?
Old 04-27-2005, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Christ, I almost forgot. NBA Jam.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

You remember the blockbuster world video game championships back in the day? I won my store, advanced to the san diego championships at seaworld and lost in the quarter finals.

So yeah, back in the day, I'd say you'd probably lose to me pretty easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I'm realizing that the point is moot, because first player has such an enormous advantage. I'm talking for Sega Genesis here btw, not in the arcade which I know was far more popular. But me playing as first player for Sega Genesis without any cheat codes or anything I can't imagine anyone really doing much against me. It does sound like you have mad skill though, I'd like to get my ass kicked by you sometime to see how it's possible to play better than I do.
-James
Old 04-27-2005, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to know who's the best at Weboggle? James I saw you on one night and you won like eight straight games, are you the best?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the board, but I'd say Rocket Man James or Guy on Tilt are better than I am. Especially since I haven't played much at all recently.
-James
Old 04-27-2005, 07:49 PM

Bringing a suspect into the box and squeezing a confession out of him. That of which I speak is not an interrogation, but an act of salesmanship - as silver-tongued and thieving as ever moved used cars, Florida swampland, or Bibles. But what I am selling is a long prison term, to a client who has no genuine use for the product.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:51 PM

Default Standardized Testing

fim
Old 04-27-2005, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

You remember the blockbuster world video game championships back in the day? I won my store, advanced to the san diego championships at seaworld and lost in the quarter finals.

So yeah, back in the day, I'd say you'd probably lose to me pretty easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I'm realizing that the point is moot, because first player has such an enormous advantage. I'm talking for Sega Genesis here btw, not in the arcade which I know was far more popular. But me playing as first player for Sega Genesis without any cheat codes or anything I can't imagine anyone really doing much against me. It does sound like you have mad skill though, I'd like to get my ass kicked by you sometime to see how it's possible to play better than I do.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC the Blockbuster tournament basically consisted of each player playing a game against the computer trying to score as many points as possible. I think it also had those kooky "hot spots" enabled so that there was a significant luck factor added. It boiled down to getting on fire and hoping that the high point hot spots appeared. Results at the initial store tourney are not necessarily a reflection of who would win one-on-one against a human opponent. I don't know how the main event was run, however.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

IIRC the Blockbuster tournament basically consisted of each player playing a game against the computer trying to score as many points as possible. I think it also had those kooky "hot spots" enabled so that there was a significant luck factor added. It boiled down to getting on fire and hoping that the high point hot spots appeared. Results at the initial store tourney are not necessarily a reflection of who would win one-on-one against a human opponent. I don't know how the main event was run, however.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sponger got pwned