Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Foxwoods Senior No Limit Tournament

Last Friday I played the $565 Senior NL Holdem Tournament at Foxwoods. This is part of the World Poker Finals competition. I had never before played a multi table tournament other than those in which the blinds are raised every 20 minutes. The blinds where raised every 50 minutes in this tournament. The blinds started at 25 25, then 25 50, then 50 100, etc.. We started with $1500 in chips. I finished the first 2 levels with $1400 in chips. I didn’t really get any hands and my plan was to play real tight and passive for the first 2 levels. We took a break and I prepared to play more aggressively during level 3.
I played 2 hand mid way through the 3rd level. I will describe what I did and would appreciate your feedback. Hand 1: I was in the big blind at 50 100. 4 people called around to me and I had KK. I reraised $500 and the four callers folded. Hand 2: The very next hand I was in the small blind and posted $50. It was folded around to the button who raised it to $400 ( this player recently joined the table from a broken table). To my delight I had pocket kings again ( twice in a row). At this point I had $1900 in chips. I called the raise thinking that if an ace didn’t flop I would lead into the raiser. The big blind folded. The flop came Qh 9d 3d. I raised it by $800 leaving me $700 in chips. The original raiser put me all in; He had me slightly covered. I didn’t put him on aces with a raise of 4 times the blind on the button. I thought he could have QQ, but more likely AQ. I called and he did in fact have AQ. He caught a Q on the river and I was out of the tournament. I am new to brick and mortar tournaments and would appreciate constructive
Old 11-14-2005, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods Senior No Limit Tournament

Why are you questioning your play. You got exactly what you wanted, action on your KK. Unfortunately he sucked out. I went out uglier. Villian raises to 1000 from LP and I have AA in the SB and push 1700 stack in knowing he has to call.

He did and sucked out with AK. That's [censored] poker.