Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-24-2005, 11:10 AM

Default Misclick causes river dilemma

CO is 56/1.67, BB is 53/2.4/0.9
BB is very passive generally. He doesn't always bet top pair in unraised pots. I once saw him limping 99 OTB and he check-called down his overpair all the way.
I also saw him leading AT on A flop all the way.
In another hand (this was a big mway, raised pot), he bet his Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on
K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] after flop was checked through. I called with my baby flush 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 and won the pot cause he checked behind river.
So he plays rather inconsistent.

BB comes along no matter what, not raising PF is pretty big mistake though I think.

Flop peel is a bit loose but I think I got good overlay from donkey CO.
I mistakenly call on the turn, on teh river my hand seems to be legit.

Prima 3/6, 4-handed

CO limps, Button folds, I complete A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], BB checks

6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, BB bets, CO calls

6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, BB bets, CO folds, I want to fold but click on call instead

8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, BB bets, ???
Old 12-24-2005, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Misclick causes river dilemma

pretty easy call.

Krishan
Old 12-24-2005, 11:22 AM

OK, I failed to include he was a real paranoid on the river - he checked behind very good hands. Of course, bluffing is another thing (with a 4 for example)
Old 12-24-2005, 05:25 PM

Preflop, if BB always comes along, just completing with A9s seems OK to me. Probably ATs I'd raise or AJo.

Flop: Peel is good with two overcards and flush chances. From the way you describe BB though, I think he made a pair though

River: I usually call with an ace on a double paired board, especially if the pairs are low, the opponents aren't too loose, and they are aggro. Since BB came in for free with any two cards though and the way you describe him, I think you can fold. The overcall helps decide towards a fold also as he might have an ace creating a split at best, although in this case it may make you lean more towards calling since he is a donkey and might be padding the pot with a K or Q.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pretty easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]