Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2005, 11:41 AM

Default Re: 1st vegas poker trip happening in 10 days.... any potential pitfalls?

[ QUOTE ]
im staying at excaliber and plan on playing there plus the MGM, baileys, IP, as well as 1 nite somewheres downtown. will be there for 4 nights...
...my secondary goal is to play alot of rooms and get the lay of the land.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you'll find that once there you won't move around to try as many card rooms as much as you think in that short of a period. If you're playing low NLHE, find a room you're comfortable in and stay for a good chunk of time to see how the play goes. You'll find the same room changes personality thoughout the day. I personally would never recommend low limit NL to anyone. Go big (or at least medium) or go home. I've tried the 1-2 NL at MGM while waiting for a seat in the $500 buy-in and it was the most koo-koo-ki-do poker I've ever seen. You might as well play Keno or the lottery because the luckiest one left standing has all the chips at the end of the night. However if that limit seems to treat you well and your successful, more power to you and good luck.

Kevin