Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 12:39 PM

Default Push of Fold? Tough decision.

10K guaranteed with rebuys and add-ons. 11 left. Here are some of the payouts:

1st - $4,000
4th - $1,000
10th - $235
11th - $117

The chip avg is 45,000. I am one of two shortstacks with 13,000. Blinds are 2,000/4,000.

I am big blind at a 6 person table and get dealt
6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Everyone folds and SB completes (he has approx. 50,000 chips).

Flop is J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB leads out with a min-bet of 4,000. I only have 9,000 chips left after posting, but the other 13K shortstack is to the left of me (so he's posting next). I had a read on the SB that he would lead out with this min-bet with just about any two cards in this situation.

Do you fold or push here? There is a big enough difference between 11th and 10th place, but I likely have the best hand, and if not, then maybe my low flush draw is good. What would you guys do in my situation?
Old 11-30-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Push of Fold? Tough decision.

I would probably push, if the 13k chip stack is part of your reasoning, your gonna have to make a move within the next orbit anyway.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:52 PM

push. you can't seriously be worried about the difference between 11th and 10th place money. A double up would improve your chances of moving up a few more spots or possibly winning. If your lucky, opponent is on a draw and you take it down with 6's. There is also a VERY SLIM possibility that SB will fold to a push.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
push. you can't seriously be worried about the difference between 11th and 10th place money. A double up would improve your chances of moving up a few more spots or possibly winning. If your lucky, opponent is on a draw and you take it down with 6's. There is also a VERY SLIM possibility that SB will fold to a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, look at 1st, not 10th [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2005, 01:22 PM

shove preflop.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shove preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

villain is getting almost 2:1. i think he folds very rarely here. i'd rather take a free look.