Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Thanks to all! reply to this reply (hand reading)

Thanks for the reply. I'm convinced that capping the flop is pointless.

[ QUOTE ]
I think you overplayed the TTs and wouldnt cap the flop. I would think the BB would call you without reraising with small/med pair, siuted connectors, suited cards, or even slow play strong hands. Based on his re-raising you I dont think he is on a draw. Dont think there is equity to do that heads up thus I think the flop hit him in the face. He either has the str8 or a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most players will 3-bet the flop with two pair, also. And occasionally an aggressive-yet-somewhat-rational player might do that with A9, although I grant that's pretty remote.

So most likely I'm putting money in with the worse of it, and depending on the likelihood of different draws coming in, folding or calling the 3-bet is probably the correct course of action. Psychologically speaking, I think I was motivated to cap by being in, "He's defending his blind so he may not have much," mode, and not switching into, "Oops, he's made a hand" mode. I lean toward calling because I have a good draw against two pair and a poor draw against the straight or a set. The clincher is that folding to a reraise will encourage him to take shots at me.

[ QUOTE ]
I call his re-raise hope for a 3rd 10 and if not fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I do things like this in the heat of battle, reflecting upon it now I think the only justification for call-and-fold-on-the-turn-unless-a-10-comes is the consideration I just mentioned, not getting bluff-raised on future turns. Some mutually countervailing considerations:
<ul type="square">[*]The odds for this particular draw, ONLY at a ten, are pretty bad -- about 9 small bets in the pot, so 9:1 on a 22:1 shot at an overset. [*]However, if you throw in the board pairing and counterfeiting two pair, it's about an 8:1 shot hence worth pursuing. [*]But tens up nor a set of tens are wins if he has a straight. [*]Throw in the possibility of a total bluff (Harrington says minimum 10% at NL; this isn't NL but there are compulsive bluffers everywhere).[/list]
I think it's probably worth staying to the turn, but just barely. And if the turn doesn't pair the board, should I throw the overpair away?

Anyway, thanks to everyone, and especially to PJM1206 whose post I've dissected. I'll post the rest of the action atop the thread.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:00 PM

Default TT vs 3-bet - turn and river play

Thanks to everyone. I love when we a hand of mine gets diverging opinions. At least it means I'm not making horrible consensus leaks! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] However, I'm convinced capping the flop is probably wrong unless I have a read that Villian is a maniac.

Now onto the turn and river. Alas, I tried bisonbison again without the ### and I still get this (the dot... dot... dot is the converter's, not mine):

[ QUOTE ]
Absolute Poker (0 handed) converter

Preflop: is with , .
, JD514 folds, ECHOJOE folds, THOMPAJO folds, THEBIGBADBEC folds, KLUBAREN folds, LAESUPER folds, LETHE folds.

Final Pot:

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh well. Here's the real turn and river:

*** TURN [7h,8c,4c,6d] *** (6 big bets)
Villain - Bets $1
Hero - Calls $1
*** RIVER [7h,8c,4c,6d,Kc] *** (8 big bets)
Villain - Bets $1
Hero - Calls $1

So... bring on the comments if there are any more. Otherwise I'll post the showdown soon.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:02 PM

Default life sans bisonbison

[ QUOTE ]
Once upon a time, there was no bison converter. We typed the hands out manually. It took about a minute. You don't need the fancy colors and the uniform formatting. You just need to make it easily readable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Do you have any suggestions as to how I should have made my original post more readable?
Old 07-05-2005, 07:47 PM

Default Re: TT vs 3-bet - turn and river play

Check and or fold to bet on turn rationale in my previous post
Old 07-06-2005, 09:56 PM

Default Showdown

Not that it matters anyway, right? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

*** SHOW DOWN ***
Villain - Show cards [6h,5h]
Hero - Lost mucks
*** RESULT ***
Total Pot($10.25) Rake ($0.50)
Board [7h,8c,4c,6d,Kc]