Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 12:16 AM

Default Re: Back to the online grind: 43s

this post would have went much better if went something like this........

"Flop T64 with two hearts and no spades, SB bets, I call"..... with the intention of, blahha blhaahah, blahhh, blemmm, blhaa, blahaahhh..... blem... blaaaahhhhhh..... "MP folds, CO calls."
Old 06-26-2005, 01:22 AM

"BPBK."

Not quite. But close.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:08 AM

Man, you kids folding the flop are crazy.

I like your play, a lot. you're getting roughly 4:1 on your play, you'll improve to the best hand 8:1 so you only need to win the hand 1/11 or 10:1. I imagine if you posted this hand without your play and on the turn just asked 'if i raise will i win 1/11 here' more posters would be on your side.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:25 AM

I'd fold the flop too. Bottom pair with easy calls for both behind to make a hand, no draws worth anything. Even if you call to see if you make a draw or improve, there's no way I'm putting any more in on the turn.

I just saw Chris Ferguson say not to bluff with mediocre hands, it's far more worthwhile to bluff with the nothing hands [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] as you earn "more" when it works ...
Old 06-26-2005, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I like your play, a lot. you're getting roughly 4:1 on your play, you'll improve to the best hand 8:1 so you only need to win the hand 1/11 or 10:1. I imagine if you posted this hand without your play and on the turn just asked 'if i raise will i win 1/11 here' more posters would be on your side.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless any of your opponents have 2 pair, a set, or a flush draw in which case none of this math makes sense.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:22 PM

For me to call the flop the 4 on board would have to be a heart so if I make trips it does not complete the flush draw. Also I prefer having backdoor flush draws when I call with hands this weak.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless any of your opponents have 2 pair, a set, or a flush draw in which case none of this math makes sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yea, look at all the two pairs.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:05 AM

Default Results

It worked; both opponents folded.

There doesn't seem to be too much question about the turn play. These kind of spots don't come up all that often really and I suspect that my play is safely +EV, but by a fairly small margin and is the sort of spot that it may be hard to identify if you're lazily multitabling and so forth.

As for the flop call - it's close but a couple of things work in its favor IMO. Firstly, my two pair/trips outs should be relatively clean. Secondly, because of the board cards, I don't think there's all that much of a chance that it's going to get raised behind me. But thirdly and most importantly, it seems like there's some chance that I have the best hand.