Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2004, 11:05 AM

Default First hand post. Please be Gentle. It already hurts!

OK, I do not have a great read on this table. Seemed to be typical PS tight table. I have also been in a fairly bad slide the last couple of weeks and was trying to tighten up a bit and play solidly. Did I bail out and fold too quickly or was my fold the correct play?

Also, I can't get the hand converter to do anything with this. If anyone can give me better directions on how to get it to convert this please let me know. It is the first time I have tried to use it and it didn't look like there was anything useful in the conversion?????

Hero is SpotAnd Stalk

PokerStars Game #1009237775:
Hold'em Limit ($0.25/$0.50) - 2004/12/28 - 08:00:44 (ET) Table 'Erynia' Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: Debbie1955 ($13.25 in chips)
Seat 2: neverwon ($11.85 in chips)
Seat 3: Xenus ($23.80 in chips)
Seat 4: SpotAndStalk ($13.50 in chips)
Seat 5: engineerd493 ($5 in chips)
Seat 6: allhart99 ($3.80 in chips)
Seat 7: Travelstore ($28.40 in chips)
Seat 8: EZkill ($7.30 in chips)
Seat 9: Unsuitable ($21.90 in chips)
Seat 10: pilsen6 ($2 in chips)

pilsen6: posts small blind $0.10
Debbie1955: posts big blind $0.25
engineerd493: posts big blind $0.25

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SpotAndStalk [Ks Qs]
neverwon: folds
Xenus: calls $0.25
SpotAndStalk: raises $0.25 to $0.50
engineerd493: calls $0.25
allhart99: folds
Travelstore: folds
EZkill: folds
Unsuitable: calls $0.50
pilsen6: calls $0.40
Debbie1955: calls $0.25
Xenus: calls $0.25

*** FLOP *** [Js Ts Tc]
pilsen6: checks
Debbie1955: checks
Xenus: bets $0.25
SpotAndStalk: raises $0.25 to $0.50
engineerd493: raises $0.25 to $0.75
Unsuitable: raises $0.25 to $1
Betting is capped
pilsen6: folds
Debbie1955: folds
Xenus: calls $0.75
SpotAndStalk: calls $0.50
engineerd493: calls $0.25

*** TURN *** [Js Ts Tc] [Jd]
Xenus: checks
SpotAndStalk: checks
engineerd493: bets $0.50
Xenus: folds
SpotAndStalk: folds
Old 12-28-2004, 11:11 AM

Default Re: First hand post. Please be Gentle. It already hurts!

I didn't read your post, sorry. Here is the link to the hand converter by Bisonbison. convertor

good luck
Old 12-28-2004, 11:29 AM

Call the flop bet, you have an excellent draw that you want customers around for when it hits. Consider 3-betting or capping if it comes back to you.

River fold is standard, unless you can fish a A/9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] out on the river.

-d
Old 12-28-2004, 11:51 AM

I think I call this turn, you are closing the action getting 16:1 by my count, although the converter that was suggested would make it easier to read. You have an OESFD, while it is unlikely either the straight or flush is any good on its own, you have a two outer, need 22:1 odds for that, but it is too the nuts. Your impled odds make it boarderline but I think you can make up enough on the river along with the times these guys have neither a T or J to make it worth seeing the river.

Vern

Standard Disclaimer, I am by no means an expert at any of this.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I call this turn, you are closing the action getting 16:1 by my count, although the converter that was suggested would make it easier to read. You have an OESFD, while it is unlikely either the straight or flush is any good on its own, you have a two outer, need 22:1 odds for that, but it is too the nuts. Your impled odds make it boarderline but I think you can make up enough on the river along with the times these guys have neither a T or J to make it worth seeing the river.

Vern

Standard Disclaimer, I am by no means an expert at any of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this but only because you might hit a royal. You gotta go for the royal dude! This is one of the only times I will encourage a "bad" play. You know this will only cost one BB. Royals are cool and worth making slightly bad calls for. You would have been sick to your stomach for a week had the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] hit the river. You might even argue that this isn't a bad call but actually a marginal call because you might just make up the 4 bets on the river if you hit.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:41 PM

I tried to do the hand converter. Copied pasted and hit "convert hand" and this is what it gives me

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (0 handed) converter

Preflop: is with , .
neverwon folds.
pilsen6 checks, Debbie1955 checks.
Xenus checks, SpotAndStalk checks, Xenus folds, SpotAndStalk folds.
Unsuitable calls.

Final Pot: 0 BB

If there is something I am not doing correctly PLEASE tell me I will forward the hand history or whatever. I wanted to have this in a better format but didn't have much luck.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:52 PM

You can do them manually, too.

Pokerstars .25/.50
Hero is in MP1 [K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero raises, MP2 (poster) calls, MP3 folds, LP folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

*** FLOP *** (12 SB) [J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] (6 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 bets, Hero raises, MP2 3-bets, Button caps, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

*** TURN *** (14 BB) [J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] (4 players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, MP2 bets, Button calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero folds.

Pot – 16BB

-d
Old 12-28-2004, 12:52 PM

Default Results

I can't stand it. I have to give you the results.

*** RIVER *** [Js Ts Tc Jd] [As]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
engineerd493: shows [Jc Td] (a full house, Jacks full of Tens)
Unsuitable: mucks hand
engineerd493 collected $8.75 from pot

Yes, I am sick about it. I am still throwing up as I type this. I am leaning over puking into the trash can in between typing. :-)

Worst part was, I tried to compliment a good win and let them know I folded the royal and "Unsuitable" starts giving me a hard time, even after I explained to him that I wasn't whining and looking for sympathy. Guess I am going to have to go looking for him now and make it a mission to beat him whenever I can!
Old 12-28-2004, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
I can't stand it. I have to give you the results.

*** RIVER *** [Js Ts Tc Jd] [As]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
engineerd493: shows [Jc Td] (a full house, Jacks full of Tens)
Unsuitable: mucks hand
engineerd493 collected $8.75 from pot

Yes, I am sick about it. I am still throwing up as I type this. I am leaning over puking into the trash can in between typing. :-)

Worst part was, I tried to compliment a good win and let them know I folded the royal and "Unsuitable" starts giving me a hard time, even after I explained to him that I wasn't whining and looking for sympathy. Guess I am going to have to go looking for him now and make it a mission to beat him whenever I can!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! That hurts but seriously you played it correctly. That fold was a winning play. Don't beat yourself up too bad. I often make losing plays (such as calling down in seemingly hopeless spots) so I can sleep at night but that doesn't make them right or profittable. Going for the royal in this spot was not the correct thing to do. Remember if you do this every time you will miss the royal 45 times for every time you hit.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:19 PM

I folded a RF to come on the flop betting once. Posted in MP get QTs. MP makes it 2 bets and I call since I'm already in the hand. SB, BB and and EP call. Flop is AAK with the K in my suit but by the time it gets to me the betting is capped so I fold. Turn is my Ace and betting goes ballistic again. River is my J. I never said anything, but it was a HUGE pot with a Kings full and quad aces. That being said...

You have any info on the live tables there in Billings?