Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2005, 07:32 AM

Default Re: Results

I accidentily folded a gutshot straight flush draw the other day. I wasn't getting odds to draw to it on the river, but if I realized it was a flush straight I would have just for the heck of it. The board was all red and I thought there was a diamond in with those hearts. I have had occassional trouble with this before. I am going to look into a 4 color deck, but I would like to get one where the reds and black are just slightly different from each other. The green and blue thing is very disturbing and I don't like it.

TomBk
Old 02-23-2005, 08:06 AM

Default Re: converter

I haven't been able to use the converter with hand histories that I've received in yahoo mail.

You might want to switch to outlook express.

You can configure outlook to send and receive through yahoo. Sweet deal. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also, you want to make sure you're getting your text from the output section of the converter (the textbox on the right side).

Reason I mention the outlook express is that I've had a hell of a time with it myself.
--Dave.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:18 AM

Default Re: First hand post. Please be Gentle. It already hurts!

Good fold on the turn.

You've got two outs and it's a 14bb pot. Definitely not a good enough hand to call.

On the flop, I still think you have to call, but you should always be very aware when the flop is JJT or TTJ.

It sucks to get capped on the flop, but you do have to call.

--Dave.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can configure outlook to send and receive through yahoo.

[/ QUOTE ]Usually when I click on an email link, it defaults to Outlook Express. I would like it to go to yahoo. How do I set that up?

TomBk
Old 02-23-2005, 08:34 AM

Don't show your hand, don't talk about your hand.

(I sometimes do this, but that doesn't mean that either of us should.)

JJT is just about the worst flop that you can have in holdem, even if you're holding AA at the time.

I think you played this damn near perfectly.

Never seek to get even: tilting is bad!

(I know you're joking around, but still...)
Old 02-23-2005, 08:38 AM

I disagree. You have to watch the cards and the action (if you can, due to multi-tabling), so that you can take notes.

You just have to ignore the results. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Easier said than done, I suppose.

--Dave.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:48 AM

Oh bloody hell.

I haven't got a clue, sorry.

I don't know if you can actually make your default email client a URL! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-23-2005, 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh bloody hell.

I haven't got a clue, sorry.

I don't know if you can actually make your default email client a URL! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]LOL. I think there is a way. I'll look into it. =Tom
Old 02-23-2005, 09:41 AM

Default Re: First hand post. Please be Gentle. It already hurts!

Doesn't it just suck to have such a good hand staring you in the face, only to find a monster board with really large fangs coated in saliva just daring you to call it?

Here's what I think, and since I'm new, you can take it for what its worth. Your pot is laying you 16:1, or somewhere close to that, I had to count real quick. You've got 2 outs to the nuts, (9s or As), requiring a pot that lays you 22:1.

But here's the thing, if you add implied odds, you can get at least 18:1 (two more bets each from the other two players on the river), unless of course they really do have a full-house or even quads, then you'll have the betting capped, making your implied odds closer to 20:1.

Now I know that still doesn't cover 22:1, but, you have to think about the size of the pot. For a .25/.50 game, $8 or more is a pretty good pot. I would have called on the turn. I know, pot odds are against me, but the pot is too big to fold a potential winner.

Oh, almost forgot about this. I don't think you should have raised on the flop. You're looking to keep as many people in the pot as possible to give you better odds. Maybe if you wouldn't have raised, you would have had one or two more players left, giving you better pot odds.

Oh, one other thing. Once you fold, don't look at the board anymore. There's no sense in second guessing yourself. You make your decision and move on. I know it must hurt like hell to fold a royal, I wouldn't know since I've never had one [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], but just take it for what it's worth. And if you feel like you did the absolute right thing, then you can ignore everything I wrote, except for the 'shouldn't have raised on the flop' part.

Thanks for sharing. We feel your pain. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]