Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2005, 03:33 AM

Default OT - Spectating at the WSOP?

I am going to be in Vegas with work from the 1st to the 8th of this month and I was wondering if anyone had any information about spectating at the world series?

Can I just show up and watch as the games are being played? I am going to be there while the smaller tournaments are being played.

I can't play in anything this year, but figured it would be kinda cool to scope the scene.
Old 05-28-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Re: OT - Spectating at the WSOP?

i'm going to bet that all final tables will be played in a seperate area that has temporary bleachers and a mini stage ala wpt.

so if you go to the convention center where all the early events are played out, i am sure you can watch as many final tables as you want. i know in previous years i have been told there are not many spectators for the very early event final tables unless there are big stars in them, but even with stars, i'm sure you can get a seat.

the only time i have ever been to the wsop was during the opening days, and i got to see all the poker i wanted. this was even before the bleachers were up.

as sad as it is to say, watching live poker is like watching paint dry so it is easier to see these final tables live than most would expect. can get VERY boring watching raise-fold-fold-fold-fold for an hour between flops, then when a flop comes, the TD, cameramen and reporters surround the table and you have to watch on monitor anyway.

most of the crowd in early events are friends and family so you will have no problem early june.