Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Re: How to keep your head up?

It sucks, but it's all part of the learning curve, which means it's long term +EV, so it doesn't really suck. I know I'll come out of this slight downturn stronger, infact it has forced me to evaluate my game and realize I'm chasing too much, so I'm plugging that leak.

But still......bad cards, bad beats and bad luck happen. Then again so do good cards and good luck. It's just like life.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Heck, I was the only person at the table with VP$IP under 34%, 5 were over 50%....shoulda been a gold mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Skill testing question:

Where is variance higher

a) rock garden
b) fish factory

(Hint: its the same place that "should have been a gold mine")
Old 02-24-2005, 02:39 PM

Thats the problem with bonuses, especially those that only give you 14 or 7 days to clear. Poker comes and goes in swings. For the Multi initial deposit bonus I put in 500. Played 4 tables of $25/NL full ring and cashed out $730 ($125 bonus plus $105 profit). Came back for the $100 reload. Im 600 hands in and down $150. Im not doing much different (except maybe a few tilted hands) but Im just not catching the cards lately. Its happened twice on Empire too where Ive lost the bonus plus some but then there are the other times where I get the bonus plus double or triple the bonus in profits. Its just a roller coaster sometimes. Right now Im working on accepting that its a long term race and not a "how much did you make today" deal.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:42 PM

I am about to finish the bonus and including the $100 bonus i am looking at a cashout of around $130. Like i said I am getting killed. My play has remained the same. I have played the same on every site, but on paradise it just seems you can't win unless you are playing garbage hands.

If I'm reading this correctly and you've lost $470 clearing $100 at Paradise then Lorinda's Paradox means I cannot answer this post correctly.

Lori

Lori
Old 02-24-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If I'm reading this correctly and you've lost $470 clearing $100 at Paradise then Lorinda's Paradox means I cannot answer this post correctly.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I lost about $170. Paradise is only a $200 deposit for the max bonus. If i had lost $470 trying to clear a bonus i think it would be time to hang it up for awhile.

I appreciate what everyone says, and I a little relieved to see that i am not the only one who has experience something like this. I just figured that playing breakeven poker wouldn't be a big deal, but i have quickly learned that sometimes it is harder than other.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:02 PM

Im going through something similar at the cryptos, I normally crush the $1-2 and £1-2 games, Sometimes making in execess of £100 per day! But recently i have had a major down turn, No matter what i do I just cant seem to win. I can hardly make a hand. Iv lost $230 in the last 2 days and i now see that its part bad cards part bad luck and this has cause some tilt which made things even worse. Im now taking a step back and going to sgin up at a knew site like paradise for a while for a change of scene. Then il come back and whore the cryptos again for the month playing the lowest limit.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:13 PM

I've actually played much closer to 5000 hands, as I kept playing while waiting for my PIN to arrive, but i agree my BB/100 would still be way above whats attainable.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:20 PM

When clearing bonuses and it's not running well on HE, switch to Stud, or Omaha, or high low of either. Just mix it up when you begin to feel frustrated by the lack of catching your draws, and seeing others always catch theirs against you.

Mix it up between games until you find one that puts you back in the zone and away from those feelings of doom.