Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Heads up post flop with TT

howdy,
Reads: BB would defend with pretty much any 2 cards.
UTG is sLAG, from the 30 or so hands i've seen, prolly not worth much.

Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.70 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 10.70 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has 8d 8c (two pair, eights and fours).
Hero has Ts Tc (two pair, tens and fours).
Outcome: Hero wins 10.70 BB. </font>
Old 10-06-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Heads up post flop with TT

Nice hand.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:11 PM

Looks fine to me. You'd need a more specific read to bet the river. Maybe bet/fold if villan is passive
Old 10-06-2005, 01:13 PM

yummy
Old 10-06-2005, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
howdy,
Reads: BB would defend with pretty much any 2 cards.
UTG is sLAG, from the 30 or so hands i've seen, prolly not worth much.

Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.70 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

He check-raise-bluffed the ace to try to make you lay down a hand like KK-99. Since you called, he figures you for a hand, but he's still going to pay you off on the river.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:29 PM

aaron's saying bet the river.
I'm saying *note: bluff c/r a turned Ace* (i'm still working on value betting rivers...see my TT post)
Old 10-06-2005, 02:38 PM

That makes sense, i'm just trying to figure out how to determine it on the spot. My first thought on the turn was that he might have the Ace (he seems capable of open raising AK-AJ from UTG), but I thought it more likely that he'd know what that c/r would look like, so he was on a medium pair (that was my inital read on the flop).

I thought though that this might be a situation where I wouldn't get called if I bet the river unless he had the Ace, so I didn't think a value bet would work.

You seem pretty confident from his line he c/r bluffed. how'd you come to that conclusion? Thanks.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You seem pretty confident from his line he c/r bluffed. how'd you come to that conclusion? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confident that he doesn't have an ace when he checks the river. Most aces will bet that and hope to get called by worse hands. Only rarely will you find someone check-raise the turn and check the river with a weak ace (and even more rarely will you find someone double check-raise with the ace on the turn and the river).
Old 10-06-2005, 02:43 PM

Yeah. I'm still not sure if I'd have the stones to call this down in the first place, but if I did, about the only hand that would "sensibly" double check/raise would be AA. I think we can bet/fold the river.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:44 PM

Cool. One other quick question: I realize I still am behind to KK-JJ, but once we're heads up on the flop, he'd almost certainly 3bet the flop with those hands, right?