Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 12:30 AM

Default I catch my straight, do I 3-bet or call?

BB is 49.4 11.6 40.3 w/ AF 1.4 over 553 hands.
MP2 is 34.6 7.7 30 w/ AF 2 over 26 hands.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (5.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero's action.
<font color="blue"> I'm feeling a T, and if he's got one, then is there a good chance that he has a boat?</font>
Old 08-23-2005, 12:48 AM

Default Re: I catch my straight, do I 3-bet or call?

I think in this case there are a few hands out there. Based on the play by MP2, it looks most likely that he may have ATs or maybe even KQ and feels that his top pair of Ks could be good here. As for the BB, maybe Q9? That could fit the description here. I guess those 3 hands could be good for either of them. I think tens full of jacks would have had your check raised on the flop, so I go ahead and 3 bet the river and hope they're not holding KT.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:58 AM

I would 3 bet it. It's more likely that he doesn't have a boat. He's basically a random hand (since a donk like this will call a pre-flop raise with anything from the BB).

If 1 card is a 10, there are 3 2's, 3 J's and 3 K's that make a FH....everything else is just trips.

My bad...misread the hand. Calling is best because a raise would probably shut out the BB and you might get re-raised. By just calling, you'll probably win the same amount as if you raised because the donk will probably call 1 more bet, but might fold to 2.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:15 AM

Call. You may get an overcall that way. You loose less if you're beat.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:19 AM

3-bet this. Slow played trips and two pair with kings will show up so often its not funny.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:49 AM

I'd 3-bet this expecting a call from both and a win for you.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:37 AM

Dunno, it looks like a possible KT to me, but calling I think is good, to get a bet from BB. The turn may have been a whiffed check-raise from either opponent, but then both of them seem to like their hands on the river. Do each of them have a 10? Seems unlikely, but possible. If either has a full house it is capped after you 3 bet, and you pay two extra bets to lose. If one has AQ you chop. It's probably close, but I'd just call it.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:48 AM

I'm going with the 3-bet here. The only argument here is for the overcalls, and I think theres a good chance both of them will call your raise anyways. So slap 'em again..
JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]