Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 12:15 AM

Default Re: Rivered Flush gets Check-raised

Call. I'd seriously consider checking a smaller flush behind on the river.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:39 AM

he can have a pissed off set, 2 pair, 1 pair, a straight, a lower flush, or a higher flush. maybe he tried to slowplay AA before the flop and now is pissed off. you'll get checkraised with all these things at times, it doesn't need to make sense. 3-bet every time, if he caps i don't like it but you you call of course.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:48 AM

What hands is villian limping UTG that fit straights? 65s...?

And his turn action isn't representive of a set, why would he only be check/calling here with a set?

A solid player that is aggressive on the flop, and slows down on the turn is indicative of a draw with this board. It especially fits with the river c/r.

This just reeks of a nut flush draw(the only probable limping [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] hand other than maybe KJ[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) and it sucks because you have Q-high. But you really can't raise for those reasons.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:20 AM

Default Re: RESULTS + a question

[ QUOTE ]

Now the question, if you are in his spot, do you call my raise to keep as many people in the pot as possible with 2 very strong draws, or do you raise to buy about 2 more outs (assuming a paired Ax or a strong A would fold to the 3 bet)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Before you posted results, I made a thread that asked this very question only w/ A6c. The few people who looked at it said call and I agree.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...v=#Post3646875
Old 10-12-2005, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Call. I'd seriously consider checking a smaller flush behind on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only because "Villain plays pretty well... very well in fact." Against a broad range of opponents, you'll get called by enough other hands to bet the river when checked to (I'm thinking top pair, [Edit: oops -- got the action messed up], nervous pocket pairs, and a few nonsense hands).
Old 10-12-2005, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he can have a pissed off set, 2 pair, 1 pair, a straight, a lower flush, or a higher flush. maybe he tried to slowplay AA before the flop and now is pissed off. you'll get checkraised with all these things at times, it doesn't need to make sense. 3-bet every time, if he caps i don't like it but you you call of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.

Checking behind even a small flush kills. Two flushes in the same hand are extremely rare, no matter how villain played. We're against two pair, a set, a high PP or even a straight in this hand way too likely to miss this value bet.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently, you don't trust Hero's read.