Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 01:43 AM

Default Re: MLL - Week 2 - Luck of the Irish

I take down Greg J in 245 hands in a battle of the moderators. There was quite a bit of lucksackery on both sides (he hit numerous backdoor draws and had trump any time there was a 4-flush on the board, I got 3 AA's and a KK and had some outstanding suckouts at the end). For the first portion of the match, he would have the upper hand, and then I would fight back to even before losing ground again. Eventually, my suckouts proved to be too much. He wasn't even planning on participating in this thing, but I challenged him anyway. Great match, man.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:43 AM

Awright, done grinding out hands for a bit, anybody up for some HU? Have been playing nothing but HU/SH for the past few days.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:26 AM

Savagemiser spanked me proper in a rousing 37 hand bout.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:47 AM

Slamhound catches AA when he's all-in, then bounces all the way back to beat gharp in 122 hands.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:52 AM

That was an insane match, had absolutely nothing until I hit the AA when all in, then proceeded to hit over and over when gharp had a real hand.

My game still sucks.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:35 AM

Ok ok, Well as i want to be a good player i wont retire. Next time i play one ill see what happens.

I do pay attention but when guys bet into you with j6o bottom pair, Then dont preflop raise AA and whatever else i find hand reading goes out of the window.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Savagemiser spanked me proper in a rousing 37 hand bout.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was the cards, actually. I just got in the way.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:11 AM

Default Open Challenge Tues 11th after 7pm EST

I'd like to play a game or two tonight Tues, Oct 11th some time after 7pm EST. Kindly, PM me if you're looking for a game.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok ok, Well as i want to be a good player i wont retire. Next time i play one ill see what happens.

I do pay attention but when guys bet into you with j6o bottom pair, Then dont preflop raise AA and whatever else i find hand reading goes out of the window.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there's your problem. You're pre-supposing that villain will be playing a certain style before the match. You've got it completely backwards. You enter the game and THEN figure out his playing style. You are describing a classic 'backwards' play, where strong hands are played weakly and weak hands are played strongly. This should be giving you hints about what villain holds. (The information should not go out the window.)

If you have hyperLAG preflop villain who suddenly limps, you need to be on alert. If villain limps a lot preflop, you should start raising with your stronger hands to punish the weak limps. When villain bet a bunch on the flop with bottom pair, you know you need to loosen your calling/raising standards. If you notice that he folds to resistance, you need to increase your bluffing/semi-bluffing frequencies. These adjustments are the key to becoming a solid poker player.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:08 PM

so im practicing some HU and the players are very bad and i steal the pots with any 2 most of the time. But i think this was a nice suckout i dont think the guy was to happy either.
PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (2 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Results in white below:
BB has Qs Qh (three of a kind, queens).
Hero has Ad 2c (straight, five high).
Outcome: Hero wins 11.50 BB. </font>

Yes i know i should have folded this hand but i just had a feeling i was going to suck out. I knew he had trips and once that 3 came on the turn i could see the 4 on the river.

BTW i sell my pattern mappers for 49.95$