Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-30-2005, 04:08 AM

Default QQ UTG facing min-reraise $55

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

CO (t1895)
Button (t1080)
SB (t1050)
BB (t1160)
Hero (t905)
UTG+1 (t740)
MP1 (t300)
MP2 (t885)
MP3 (t1985)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t90</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to t200</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>. Hero ???

In a NL cash ring game I'd call this for set value. I obviously don't have enough chips to that here, so in my opinion it's push or fold.

Edit: No reads.

Edit #2: Yes, I know it's technically not a "true" min-raise. This post isn't about min-raises it's about the best course of action in a pretty difficult spot. A true min-raise would be 150... but please no nits.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:10 AM

Default Re: QQ UTG facing min-reraise $55

I think calling for set value is okay here, you have to call 1/8th your chips and will hit it around once in 8 (excuse the fuzzy numbers), I've always found this rule of thumb to be okay.

Whether you should push or call is a seperate problem that I'm too tired to think carefully about [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Lori
Old 12-30-2005, 04:11 AM

Wouldn't a min-reraise be to 150?
Old 12-30-2005, 04:36 AM

Well if you play alot of NL cash ring games, you become familiar with the 5/10 rule. It's not really a rule but a guideline. Clear call for set value if a raise is less than 5% of you and your opponents "effective" stacks. A clear fold if it's more than 10% of you and your opponents "effective" stacks.

I don't know how well this applies to SnG, but according to the 5/10 rule this is a clear fold if I am up against Aces of Kings. I think the queens has alot of value, because alot of worse hands may make the same raise. If the flop comes low I'll be all-in regardless, so why give Ax a chance to outdraw?

I push.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:04 AM

My first thought is to call and push any non-ace flop. Then on further thought you should call and push any flop.

I hate the Stop and Go but perhaps it is better than a push here.

So push or stop and go.

( I can not believe I am advocating Fancy Play Syndrome)

You can not fold, you will be first to act if you call, He is either aggressive or has a good hand. Villain may be more prone to fold to a flop bet than to fold to a preflop reraise.

Villain is not folding AA or KK no matter what. Do you put villain on such a narrow range? Might AK, AQ, AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT be possible here?

At the 20's I would gleefully push. I do not know about the 50's

Not sure I am advocating a stop and go. I just thought I would bring up the idea and see what the experts thought.

--
tjh
Old 12-30-2005, 06:09 AM

Stop and Going QQ.

What hands do you want to fold on the flop that will fold preflop? You said KK and AA won't fold no matter what, and those are the only hands that have you beat.

BTW, I 3-bet push.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:13 AM

I would move allin. The dude has 1800 chips early which means I assume hes an idiot.