Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 02:29 AM

Default Small Stakes Hold Em By Ed Miller

Was wondering if anyone had any comments on this book? I don't know anyone who has read it but 2 plus 2 never seeems to disappoint me so I was just wondering if anyone would recommend it or had anything bad to say about it. Also, does the book touch on no limit hold em at all or is it strictly limit hold em? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:44 AM

Default Re: Small Stakes Hold Em By Ed Miller

SSHE is kinda the Micro/Low limit Bible. That should quantify it for you.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:01 PM

there are only 300 million posts about this, whats one more?
Old 10-17-2005, 02:05 PM

what's all these references to the fact that there have been threads before??? i get tired of it, especially given that the search function is not exactly perfect on here.

anyhow, great, great book and NO, it doesn't touch on no-limit at all (or would be a few pages at most or mentioned in passing).

key thing about this book is that it says you need a good reason to fold a potential winning hand when there's a large pot. and no, 3rd pair is not a potential winning hand. it's more like "don't automatically assume the worst!" and i think it's good advice.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:30 PM

As one of the other posters said, it's the bible of low limit. The book is especially helpful if you have been playing a while, and are looking to move to a more advanced stage in your game. As for bad things about the book, I personally haven't got anything negative to say about it.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:33 PM

Never heard of it. Is it new?
Old 10-17-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what's all these references to the fact that there have been threads before??? i get tired of it, especially given that the search function is not exactly perfect on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

There have been literally thousands of posts about this book. People who post questions like this have obviously done absolutely nothing to try to answer their own question, and are fair game for flames about their lack of effort.

The search function works very well. If anyone doesn't know how to use it, I'd advise starting with the FAQs in the Beginners Forum and the Internet Forum.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:57 PM

Its a great book. The only thing I would change it the title. Should be called how to play in loose games. It is good for any limit where > 40% of the players are seeing the flop.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:34 AM

Thank you. Nice to see someone respond w/ something meaningful. I too get tired of the "use the search" reply. The search isn't that great so I'd rather post my own stating what I exactly want to know rather than waste an hour of my time searching for it.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:37 AM

lol thanks for the help Ben. Or should I say lack thereof. The search wastes my time even more than you do so I'd rather make my own post stating what I want to know.