Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2005, 01:56 PM

Default One Play Today - NFLx - 8/27

My only play today is a 6-point, 2-team teaser on the Colts +8 and the Bucs +9. I took the teaser at Mansion, where it is even odds. Also, I was amazed after reading their teaser rules to read that a tie and a loss in this situation comes out as a TIE, not a loss. With both of these games on the whole number, in the long run, this rule is huge. A tie and a win I believe is a tie also.

I like teasing the Colts, as they opened at 3, sharp money came in heavy on them, especially after Fezzik recommended a teaser involving them at 2.5, and the number eventually got down to 1. The number was back up to 2, and I think this one is a good value there. I also took the Bucs, as I like them to cover tonight anyway (not a strong opinion by any means), and teasing off of the 3, through the 7 and 8 and half the 9 is pretty big. These 6 extra points should be very valuable in what figures to be a very low scoring game.

Don't forget: It's a popular myth that teasers are sucker bets that are unbeatable. However, if you take them at even odds and have a rule in your favor like a tie/loss is a tie, these can be EASILY beatable. Teasing off of and through other key numbers is huge, as I described above. On the Colts, I teased through the 3 and the 7 and gained half the 8. Similar situation with the Bucs. I also think these points figure to be more valuable in the preseason in general, as these games figure to be lower scoring in general. Vegas knows these teasers can be beaten, which is why their books typically deal them at -120 odds with very unfavorable rules on top of that.