Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-26-2005, 05:39 AM

Default Donked when the flush card hits in blind battle (400 NL)

$400 NL on full tilt. Only read on villian is he seems loose preflop after a couple orbits. He also raised my BB previous orbit; I called and folded to his half pot bet on flop. Effective stacks $275.

Folded to villian who raises to $12. I call w/ Qc6c (too loose?)

Flop is Qh 6d 2d.

Villian bets $12. I raise to $46. Villian calls.

Turn is Td. (Pot is $116.)

Villian bets $36. Hero?
Old 12-26-2005, 06:56 AM

Default Re: Donked when the flush card hits in blind battle (400 NL)

I would fold preflop. You don't have enough information about him yet to be sure that he's raising you with crap, and you don't know how far he'll go postflop with something marginal. This makes it difficult to bluff and you can end up in some bad spots when you just have a bad pair.

Given that you've made it this far, I think you need to raise, and probably push, although I'd be happier about it if his bet were a bit bigger or the pot were bigger or the stacks were a little shorter. His bet here could mean a lot of things. He might have a pair with no diamond and doesn't want you to check behind. He might have a big diamond and is betting because he considers this to be an improvement for his hand. Of course, it's also possible he has QT and doesn't want you to check behind with a diamond. He might also have a flush here, but I expect most players to check if they hit it. More often than not I think you're ahead here but you don't really want to see another card.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:38 AM

It looks like a Q that just hit a diamond draw. He might have a flush but I think you have to push here.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:28 PM

If you know he is playing junk, the diamond does not mean nearly as much.

Once I decided to play this and hit my hand so well, it will take a lot to make me lay it down.