Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Old 11-19-2005, 12:43 AM

Default Re: Should I start out playing limit, then move to PL?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jealous?

[/ QUOTE ]
If by "jealous" you mean "doubled over in laughter", then yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

PLO8b $400

2 tables 8hrs/day or 4 tables 4hrs/day
15BB/100
$960/day

20BB/100
$1,280/day

Very doable, this is PLO8b 15 to 20BB/100 very realistic. Watch him play, I have.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:52 AM

Just because you pissed away $10,000 in one day Wintermute, doesn't mean the rest of us do.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:20 AM

I was going to try to let this whole 10k business and all the other crap go, Ribbo. But since you mentioned it again, I'm inspired to put you in your place one last, definitive time.

Read this carefully, I want you to *really* think carefully about what I'm about to write. Every word of what I'm about to write is the absolute truth. Fact. So just let it sink in for a while before you reply. I'm tempted to start a new thread just to draw everyone attention to this, but I'll grant you some mercy and let it be buried here.

First, I have never posted at 2+2 about how I lost $10k in a day. Yet you seem to believe I have imposed this knowledge the 2+2 O8 forum. So get your facts straight--I mentioned the 10k matter in my blog only; a blog which, by the way, I have never so much as mentioned here (until now), let alone posted a link to. So anyone who reads that blog reads it *entirely* of their own volition. In another thread, you claimed nobody would care about the 10k thing (I see this post has been deleted BTW), which is surprising because you won't shut up about it yourself… now, perhaps you truly do not care about it as you claim, but I guarantee you that others get something out of reading about the swings of an online player. You might take a page out of my book and allow others to see that you, too, make mistakes & run bad on occasion, like the afternoon where you lost $5500 at the 1k/2k levels over the course of 200 hands, in your only ever attempt at actually playing those games instead of just ridiculing the players. I guess others "piss away" thousands of dollars in one day also, don't they?

Anyhow, if you don’t enjoy reading my progress reports at the blog, feel free to remove my blog from your bookmarks.

As the coup de grace, let me point out one more poignant example of your selective memory, Ribbo. Take this thread that you very recently started strictly to rail against a player who made an intelligent move at the pot from the button. You called him an idiot for that play just because your marginal play on the same hand proved to drag the pot. Well, it so happens that Ellicious is a friend of mine who is a strong player; he admits to the occasional mistake, as do I. But, also like me, he can't stand an arrogant prick who never admits wrongdoing, and brags without proof or reason. So he sent me the following hand history, from the SAME EXACT SESSION, which you clearly played like an utter fool and completely embarassed yourself:

***** Hand History for Game 3020108502 *****
$200 PL Omaha Hi/Lo - Friday, November 11, 16:18:18 EDT 2005
Table 64697 (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 3: CALHEAT ( $238.15 )
Seat 4: SOOASSASSIN ( $425.10 )
Seat 5: Ellicious ( $197.48 )
Seat 10: BorisBadnoff ( $196.80 )
Seat 1: Ribbo ( $579.06 )
Seat 2: NUTS1201 ( $486.60 )
Seat 7: kulingen ( $123.43 )
Seat 8: HavAnudaBeer ( $200 )
Seat 9: bozo ( $127.10 )
Seat 6: Starlight777 ( $198 )
CALHEAT posts small blind [$1].
SOOASSASSIN posts big blind [$2].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Ellicious [ Kd Ad 3c 8h ]
Ellicious calls [$2].
Starlight777 folds.
kulingen calls [$2].
HavAnudaBeer calls [$2].
bozo folds.
BorisBadnoff folds.
Ribbo raises [$13].
NUTS1201 folds.
CALHEAT calls [$12].
SOOASSASSIN folds.
Ellicious calls [$11].
kulingen calls [$11].
HavAnudaBeer folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 4s, 8s, 8d ]
CALHEAT checks.
Ellicious checks.
kulingen bets [$25].
Ribbo calls [$25].
CALHEAT folds.
Ellicious raises [$153.20].
kulingen folds.
Ribbo raises [$256.40].
Ellicious is all-In.
** Dealing Turn ** [ 9c ]
** Dealing River ** [ Jh ]
Ribbo shows [ As, 6d, 2d, 6c ] two pairs, eights and sixes.
Ellicious shows [ Kd, Ad, 3c, 8h ] three of a kind, eights.
Ribbo wins $96.92 from side pot #1 with two pairs, eights and sixes.
Ellicious wins $446.96 from the main pot with three of a kind, eights.
There was no qualifying low hand.

I like how you shove all-in on the flop with nothing but a low draw when you’re faced with a bettor in front and a big raiser behind. I assume you’ll be leaving this shining example of stupidity off your instructional PLO8 website?

Now, I'm not going to claim that I never draw at a low even though I know better. I make mistakes from time to time, just like everyone. That's how 10k gets lost in a session. But then again, I don't go around claiming to be the "best thing that has happened to the 2+2 PLO8 forum in a long time" (QUOTE from your blog), and making outrageous claims about my winnings. I simply state facts.

I'm now done with this discussion, or argument, or whatever you want to call it. And I'm done with you, Ribbo.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:01 AM

Lee,

Wintermute has said most of what is relevant here. But a couple more things.

I have known Ribbo online since the 90s. Until very recently, when he won some money playing online slots, I doubt he played much 400 at all. He has been mostly a 200 player and before that, micro limits. When all the big plo8b action was on Stars, I never saw him in those games even once.

As to those Stats, if you mean PT BB then I think you are insane. I don't know of any player who is winning nearly a dollar a hand at the 400 level. At least over a long time. If you mean normal BB, then sure...but that is at the high boundary edge.

gl

dd
Old 11-19-2005, 06:03 AM

Losing 10k in a day is no biggie at the stacks you play anyway and is purely an expected variance. I've lost more than that in an hour.

gl

dd
Old 11-19-2005, 07:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lee,

Wintermute has said most of what is relevant here. But a couple more things.

I have known Ribbo online since the 90s. Until very recently, when he won some money playing online slots, I doubt he played much 400 at all. He has been mostly a 200 player and before that, micro limits. When all the big plo8b action was on Stars, I never saw him in those games even once.

As to those Stats, if you mean PT BB then I think you are insane. I don't know of any player who is winning nearly a dollar a hand at the 400 level. At least over a long time. If you mean normal BB, then sure...but that is at the high boundary edge.

gl

dd

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I suggest you need to redefine your definition of "knowing me". You might want to start by actually looking at some of the games I play in http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?p...&user=Ribs
Old 11-19-2005, 08:50 AM

Doesnt this prove my point? You play almost no hands in the 2-4 range until May, when you luckbucket some wins in Video Poker. I dont consider 100 or 200 buyin games to be anything other than lowlimit. There's no shame in this, but let's not pretend its anything other than it is.

gl

dd
Old 11-19-2005, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesnt this prove my point? You play almost no hands in the 2-4 range until May, when you luckbucket some wins in Video Poker. I dont consider 100 or 200 buyin games to be anything other than lowlimit. There's no shame in this, but let's not pretend its anything other than it is.

gl

dd

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong as always Dave, nice try though. All your post has proven is your ignorance, which is nothing to be ashamed of, considering how much a [censored] retard you are.
Your whole reasoning behind something not being possible is because you can't do it, ergo no-one else can. It has a somewhat large flaw in it, namely other people such as myself are just better at PLO8 than you.
I'm not interested in a dick waving contest with you, because you don't have one to wave. Rather than try to knock other people accomplishments in some strange way of trying to justify your own pathetic achievements (blowing off a good chunk of your bankroll, way to go with that!), how about you just accept that when someone says $1000 a day is easily managable if you're prepared to put the hours in. I play 6 tables at a time, and I specifically look for bad opponents. Anyone who thinks a "better player" always plays $400 over $200, or $1000 over $400 is a fool. I've been in $200 games that have bigger pot averages than $1000 tables.
I'm sure you feel all proud having pissed away all that money you did because you did it playing "high limit tables" and hey you must be a better playing losing at high limits than me for winning at "low limits", but you epitomise everything that is wrong with dick waving poker players. Winning at poker is about being able to adapt, whether it be to the opponents in the game or to the games themselves. I don't believe every game on the internet is beatable, but I sure know there are enough that are, and I will happily move until I find them. You however seem so set on proving your manhood by not demeaning yourself by playing a lower limit no matter how juicy it is.
If I see a huge retarded calling station in a $100 game then I will get myself in it, because $100 of free money is preferred to a grind on $400 tables.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:17 PM

This powerful reasoned approach certainly brings back the memories of our RGP days. Remember those days, when you said you didn't play for the money?

Anyway, I must follow Wintermute's example. You win. You have done more than enough to persuade the impartial observer. I'm done.

Dave
Old 11-19-2005, 02:06 PM

Hehe. I will give this thread a bump just b/c I'm enjoying the developing saga between a couple of O/8 big dawgs.