Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 04:33 AM

Default best rush at the worst time

The past week has been absolutely surreal. Getting awesome cards with tons of action. Flopping to it beautifully. And getting killed by two outers.

Example 1: sit down for some short handed NL and get AA. UTG raises, I re-raise another player goes all in and UTG goes all in. I'm up against KK and QQ. Of course the river is a Queen. Bye bye buy-in.

Example 2: rebuy at that table and flop the Ace high flush. Guy hits inside straight flush. Bye bye buy-in #2.

Example 3: Single table tourny, on the bubble get raised by 77, I push with JJ. Flop comes 3 to my suit including straight flush draw, turn is a 7 of my suit and river pairs the board and I'm out in 4th.

All three examples happened within two hours of each other. I'd be more pissed if I weren't so amused by the irony of all this. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2005, 06:03 AM

Default Re: best rush at the worst time

short term remedy: Get drunk and play at NL25 and just rip the shi.t outta them likes theres no tomorrow. Makes you feel better about yourself.