Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 03:47 PM

Default challenge

Come on guys, let's get this going. I think it's a great idea and Jurollo obviously put some effort into getting this going. Count me in. I'm probably donating as with a full time job and a young child I don't get to play as many tournaments as I would like, but I'll see if I can't make up for what I'll lack in quantity with quality.

All that being said. I wish to issue a challenge to all other players. Let's make this thing as big as we can, most of us here already play MTTs a fair amount anyways, no need not to make it interesting. So, for every player that signs up for the TLB contest, I will donate an additional $5 to charity (minimum $50 for 10 entrants). Also, since I know not everyone who participates here has gotten to a point where they feel both their game and/or financial situation warrants a $50 investment, for each person who just donates money without entering the contest I will put up an additional dollar towards the charity/relief fund. This isn't a ton of money, it's just one way I could think of to try and get more involvement, raise some more money for charity, and show some appreciation for the hard work Jurollo and our other admins put into making this board so great.

Jurollo - I'm at work right now so you can expect my initial $100 transfer (50 for contest, 50 for charity) tonight. Once the signups are complete and the donations are all tallied, if you can let me know the # of entrants and # of donatees I'll transfer you any additional donations.

-Rizen

P.S. Since this is a smack thread, I'm taking this down [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Look out McEvoy, here I come.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Re: challenge

Rizen, that is great man, I have decided I am going to do this myself too I think. I was going to sit back and watch since it was the first one but if it comes down to needing an extra player I will take it on as well, aside from just donating.
~Justin

Edit: That is if anyone doesn't object to me playing in my own deal here. If anyone objects to this please let me know.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Edit: That is if anyone doesn't object to me playing in my own deal here. If anyone objects to this please let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't take this the wrong way, but i was expecting you to take part in this. i don't think anyone would argue against you joining in
Old 10-28-2005, 07:49 PM

Ahhhh. I can't decide if I'm playing or not.. so much work to do.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ahhhh. I can't decide if I'm playing or not.. so much work to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take off your skirt and play some pokah!
~Justin
Old 10-28-2005, 11:19 PM

Ok, I got...

Rizen
pfkaok
AA88Qs
dmkay
skjonne

so far, I KNOW there is more interest for this folks, I dont want to hear excuses, just make it happen!
~Justin
Old 10-29-2005, 04:30 PM

I'm in. Prepare to be dominated!
Stars name = nfpceo
Old 10-29-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I got...

Rizen
pfkaok
AA88Qs
dmkay
skjonne

so far, I KNOW there is more interest for this folks, I dont want to hear excuses, just make it happen!
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, add exit, and npf to the contest, we looks like we will hit the 10 player minimum.
~Justin
Old 10-30-2005, 01:26 AM

bump
Old 10-30-2005, 01:32 AM

i'm willing to consider any sidebets w/ those taking part in the competition. let me know if you have any ideas. (like a most TLB in 1 night, etc)