Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 07:24 PM

Default Re: DERB

You are a piece of work . . .

TSP
Old 11-02-2005, 07:24 PM

The thing that's annoying about the DERB threads is that so many people claim he is a huge winner and thus it is possible to stray from a pre-flop strategy based on playing tight.

But when anyone posts a hand actually played by the enigmatic DERB, it's obvious (IMO) he plays horrible after the flop. Granted the posted hands are nowhere near a random, or perhaps even typical, sample. Then the DERB supporters chime with the basic argument of "you have no idea what you're talking about but I'm not going to explain why he is brilliant." Please, give me a break.

If anyone could post of some unconventional DERB hands and then explain why they are brilliant that would be interesting. Otherwise the only acceptable conclusion is that the guy is a massive cheat.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:28 PM

Default Steve G

now thats funny
Old 11-02-2005, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What DO you do with KQ UTG?

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

I stay. If the dealer makes 21 then so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]
O man.. LOL.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The thing that's annoying about the DERB threads is that so many people claim he is a huge winner and thus it is possible to stray from a pre-flop strategy based on playing tight.

But when anyone posts a hand actually played by the enigmatic DERB, it's obvious (IMO) he plays horrible after the flop. Granted the posted hands are nowhere near a random, or perhaps even typical, sample. Then the DERB supporters chime with the basic argument of "you have no idea what you're talking about but I'm not going to explain why he is brilliant." Please, give me a break.

If anyone could post of some unconventional DERB hands and then explain why they are brilliant that would be interesting. Otherwise the only acceptable conclusion is that the guy is a massive cheat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think with DERB, it's a question of the whole being greater than the sum of the parts. No doubt he'll do some extremely stupid stuff both pre and postflop, but he still wins A LOT. And I don't think it's through cheating either. He puts in way too many bets when hopelessly behind if he can somehow see his opponents holecards, and he doesn't always show up in games with the same players. In fact, if he were cheating, I'm almost certain he'd be smart enough to spread his play over a bunch of screen names and change them often. AFAIK he has only had 2 screen names and has played a lot of hands on both. Him seeing something that maybe you and I don't is a far simpler explanation than him being a massive cheat.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
barron, plz stop.
we like the derb thread... derb prob likes it as well, haha.
IMO, u lock threads that stupid ppl start, no need to lock JVs thread... gossip is fun. chill. this is the forum we look at.

[/ QUOTE ]

or maybe move it to the land of misfit posts, general hold'em. long threads like that are good there since there's not much traffic so 300 post threads don't block much. here, a lot of people post hands and it sucks when they get bumped to the second page because of one thread. I agree it's a good thread since it's starting to look like he might not be a lottery winner

[/ QUOTE ]

set your settings to view more posts per page. 100 is great.

edite: format fixed
Old 11-02-2005, 08:42 PM

Default Re: DERB fund.

I'm volunteering to datamine DERB at Party round the clock if anyone tells me what his screen name is. I think it would benefit us all if we could shine a spotlight on him until we figure some things out. I'd be more than willing to share all results.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:43 PM

I'm volunteering to datamine DERB at Party round the clock if anyone tells me what his screen name is. I think it would benefit us all if we could shine a spotlight on him until we figure some things out. I'd be more than willing to share all results.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:48 PM

he goes by brizganc
Old 11-02-2005, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he goes by brizganc

[/ QUOTE ]

i was wondering why a guy with fishy stats and a 'tricky' style was playing 100-200.