Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Yay or Nay? 3/6 6max

This hand took place on the party skins network post-split. Villian in this hand is LAG, but not manical preflop over 75 hands. He seems to raise the right hands, but also limps & overlimps far too many questionable holdings. Postflop, his WTSD% is 48% & his W$SD is 40%. What am I thinking here, and what does villian hold?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (4 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>.

P.S.: I'm going to try to post some hands in this forum, some of which I think I played well, and some of which I stunk it up on. However, I don't want to be one of the no-content tards. Bear with me if I post some non interesting crap, but be sure to let me know why it's crap &amp; I'll try to improve my posts.

jvs
Old 10-25-2005, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Yay or Nay? 3/6 6max

[ QUOTE ]
What am I thinking here, and what does villian hold?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what you're thinking but villian's likely holding a deuce, and ace, or a PP. I guess he could have an 8 but I think that's unlikely. I'm going to give him ace-high as his most likely holding so I'm not so sure about the river bet here. I dont see him folding anything but a total airball. You're probably getting looked up by as little as queen high here. As far as the rest of the hand goes I'm generally 3-betting the flop and leading the turn because A) he doesnt have it and B) he's paying you off C) a free card really sucks when you have the best hand and get counterfitted (a lot like what happened). FWIW, I can dig a stop-n-go too.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:47 PM

I don't like the river bet. The pot is only 4BB, and this guy apparently likes to see showdowns.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

villian's likely holding a deuce, and ace, or a PP.

[/ QUOTE ]

That river counterfeights your pair. All bets put in here are bluffs, and lags dont like folding paired boards.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What am I thinking here, and what does villian hold?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what you're thinking but villian's likely holding a deuce, and ace, or a PP. I guess he could have an 8 but I think that's unlikely. I'm going to give him ace-high as his most likely holding so I'm not so sure about the river bet here. I dont see him folding anything but a total airball. You're probably getting looked up by as little as queen high here. As far as the rest of the hand goes I'm generally 3-betting the flop and leading the turn because A) he doesnt have it and B) he's paying you off C) a free card really sucks when you have the best hand and get counterfitted (a lot like what happened). FWIW, I can dig a stop-n-go too.

[/ QUOTE ]

How often do you think I'm ahead on the flop, and does the turn change that substantially?
Old 10-25-2005, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How often do you think I'm ahead on the flop, and does the turn change that substantially?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're ahead more often then not and the king is a pretty bricky card.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:18 PM

Ask yourself what range of hands do you think the villain may hold that he will fold on this river? What range of hands will the villain hold that he will call on this river?

I think you will find the answer to your river bet yourself once you think about the above questions.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2005, 08:10 PM

You're better off inducing a bluff and protecting from a bluff-raise in this hand. You want to see a showdown, and you aren't folding very many hands that are beating you.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:16 PM

Why do you want to see a river? I'm thinking check-fold the river. OPinions?
Old 10-25-2005, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're better off inducing a bluff and protecting from a bluff-raise in this hand. You want to see a showdown, and you aren't folding very many hands that are beating you.

[/ QUOTE ]

My hand can't beat a bluff on the river, I had 3rd nut low.