Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 01:05 AM

Default is this a call or fold

hand from last night .10/.25 NL, Bodog
table had been playing very loose (what a suprise). the player in LP was on tilt and pissed at me, since I was in a hand with him 15 minutes prior with AA, where I raised it to $10, flop comes Q66, I move all in, he called with 56o, and I hit an A on the river to stack him. Anyways I was sure he was going all the way with whatever he had, which is my rationalization for calling.

EP has 25, middle position has 34, I cover both.

pre-flop fold, fold, hero (8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) raises to 1.50, fold to CO who calls 1.50, button fold, SB fold, BB raises to 4.50, I call and CO calls.

pot (13.60) flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB moves all in (21), call?...
Old 11-17-2005, 01:25 AM

Default Re: is this a call or fold

No reason to put BB on a higher flush draw. You got 15 outs, 55% favorite to hit. Call and hope CO comes along and sweetens the pot.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:26 AM

well first of all, what are you doing raising that junk in MP atleast wait until CO to pull moves like this. Secondly your probably ahead of any hand he's holding. If he's holding an overpair it's a coin flip. Unless he's holding two spades here i blieve your ahead and if you like getting you money in with the edge i make the call.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:45 AM

Why are you raising it to $10 preflop on a .10/.25 table? Do you usually get callers with a 40xbb raise?
Old 11-17-2005, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No reason to put BB on a higher flush draw. You got 15 outs, 55% favorite to hit. Call and hope CO comes along and sweetens the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer push as you might not want CO along.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you raising it to $10 preflop on a .10/.25 table? Do you usually get callers with a 40xbb raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

that was not the point of the post. Raising with 8Ts occasionally from any position is not a bad thing, as long as you are shifting gears alright. Since the guy reraised. I knew he had a big pair, which is the hand I want him to have if I am going to get all my chips in against him. Making plays like that have value in future hands.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was actually a re-raise, and have you played at the .10/.25 tables? Ace, face, call anything? Action central!
Old 11-17-2005, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer push as you might not want CO along.

[/ QUOTE ]

The CO had been playing almost every hand he had seen in 20 minutes, and I was fairly sure that he did not have a good hand, possibly two overcards, maybe a pair, and I was sure I was drawing to a better hand than he was. My reasoning was that since the CO had around 30 left, flat calling would bring him with me, so I would be calling 21 to win 65, giving me better odds to hit my draw. Would you not want him calling because it hurts your equity in the pot? I guess my question is what would be the more profitable play, trying to raise all in and get the player to fold for $30, increasing my chances to win but giving myself worse odds to draw, or flat calling, hoping CO calls, decreasing my chances to win, but giving myself better odds to hit?
Old 11-17-2005, 03:09 AM

I would hate to see a bigger flush draw here but if he is calling the 21 after you call, then he is calling a push anyways so might as well.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:53 AM

Hell yeah you call.