Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 10:09 PM

Default Even if...

... it were true that Islam is a violent religion (which it is not).

Question 1: What is wrong with Hilary's quote? Even with this setup it is true that Islam is fastest growing religion in America and a guide and pillar of stability for many of our people.

Question 2: What is your real motivation for bringing this us? It certainly does not appear to be attacking Hilary (see question 1 for why not).
Old 08-02-2005, 10:53 PM

Default Re: Looking A Little Deeper

I should add that my response referred to the Koran, not to the other two texts cited.

I would also like to pose a question:

Why do those who presume that Islam is not inherently violent or totalitarian, not presume otherwise instead?

Given that Mohammed was in fact a militarist and warrior-ruler, why would one expect that the religion which he originated would be inherently peaceful? Would not it make a bit more sense to presume otherwise?

Presumptions however only go so far. If you wish to know the truth of such matters, investigate on your own.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:47 PM

Default Re: Even if...

Question 1: I am just a little tired of handling this situation with velvet gloves. A great deal of politicians lately seem to want to appeal to the politically correct crowd and say things just for the sake of appealing to the greatest population possible (both D's and R's are guilty of this). I greatly desire one of our statesmen to come out with a brash, arrogant, we are America so kiss our rings type position. Granted, its political suicide, but I believe that it is how the majority of the population feels, regardless of what any form of media would have you believe.

Question 2: I think that I said it plenty. I would like to hear what others think, and as far as my 2 pennies, I believe that Islam is a fundamentally violent and evil religion. I wish that more people would see that, or at least just be willing to say it in public.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:08 AM

Default Bush Calls Islam a Beautiful Religion But Is It?

Question 2: I think that I said it plenty. I would like to hear what others think, and as far as my 2 pennies, I believe that Islam is a fundamentally violent and evil religion. I wish that more people would see that, or at least just be willing to say it in public.
Although I'm an atheist, I say Islam is an evil religion. Especially the Wahabi sect from Saudia Arabia. Violence and worship of a pedophile seem to be the foundations of Islam. Their prophet, Mohammad marries a 6 year old little girl and has sex with her at 9. Call it what you want but he is a pedophile and the muslims of the world revere a pedophile.

"Marriage to Six-Year Old
In 624 Abu Bakr (Muhammad’s daily companion and one of his first believers and successor of Muhammad) gave Muhammad his daughter Aisha when she was six years old, although the actual marriage was not consummated until she was nine. This fact is uncontested by all Muslim scholars and chroniclers without exception). At the time of their marriage Muhammad was 54 years old (the age of her grandfather) – a difference of 45 years in their ages.

Aisha herself testified to these facts:
“The messenger of God betrothed me when I was six years old and then married me when I was nine years old.”
Source: Sahih Muslim (by Imam al-Mawawy), vol. 3, p. 577.

Islamic law has codified this principle of non-consent for under-age women based on Muhammad’s precedent:
“A father may give consent to have his young virgin daughter married without obtaining her permission, for she does not have a choice, exactly as Abu Bakr El Sadiq did to his daughter Aisha, when she was six years old. He married her to the prophet Muhammad without her permission.”
Source: Ibn Hazam (acknowledged by all Muslims as one of the greatest scholars on Islamic Law) in his al-Muhalla (“The Sweetened”). Vol. 6, part 9, pp. 458-460.

Abd El Schafi, author of Behind the Veil stated in response: “These are cruel, hard words and iniquitous Islamic principles which the free human conscience utterly rejects and detests because it is related to the most important subject in the girl’s life, that is, her body and her future” (p. 83)."
http://www.warriorsfortruth.com/news...-mohammed.html
Old 08-03-2005, 12:17 AM

Default Re: Bush Calls Islam a Beautiful Religion But Is It?

Great post.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:46 AM

Default Re: Even if...

[ QUOTE ]
I am just a little tired of handling this situation with velvet gloves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was looking for something a little more specific than "this situation". What situation? If you are making the mistake that others on this forum make, that is using a comparative religion analysis to trace the roots of the terrorist activity -- then say so and I can -- easily -- rebut that. If you are simply making a statement to try and vilify a group of people just because you dont like them, then carry on but bear Chris Alger's admonitionment in this thread in mind.

You did not reply to my question about Hilary's statement. Did she make an accurate statement or not? Why include that in this post?
Old 08-03-2005, 03:03 AM

Default Re: \"Islam is a peaceful religion\"

I think the larger point is that religion, including Islam, is used to manipulate people into committing atrocious acts, just like nationalism and a lot of other isms. But liberals in America and it seems the world over- people who basically detest Christianity- are constantly trying to convince everyone that Islam in no way causes the current terrorism.

This is inconsistent and illogical. Why don't liberals have the balls to say that Islam is moronic too? Perfect example: Bill Maher, who claims to be a Libertarian and generally hates Christianity, is constantly giving little speeches about "why they hate us", but he never mentions that their religion might have something to do with it. He is quick to criticize Christians and policies that "justify" muslim hatred of the west, but never holds Islam to the same standard.

It's a totally inconsistent position philosophically.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How does this change the fact that the Islamofascists are 12th century freaks who need to get with modern times and stop treating women like pieces of garbage? Islam is based on homophobia, sexism and racism. We should not tolerate their terrorism. Bomb Mecca. It's the only thing those people understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted this yesterday, and thought that maybe it was too harsh. Upon reading it again, I realize that I was 100% correct in posting this. These people cannot be reasoned with and if they will not stop their terrorism then we must bomb them.

It is time to stop sacrificing the lives of our troops in Iraq. One U.S. soldier's life is worth way more to me than the life of an Iraqi civilian and it is definitely worth more than the life of a Muslim terrorist in Iraq. Let's use the bombs instead and blanket the terrorist areas. Most of the targets should be in Saudi Arabia around Mecca, because that is a terrorist haven.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It is time to stop sacrificing the lives of our troops in Iraq. One U.S. soldier's life is worth way more to me than the life of an Iraqi civilian and it is definitely worth more than the life of a Muslim terrorist in Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the kind of thinking that causes much of this chaos in the world.

We're all the same - it doesn't matter if we're American, Iraqi, or whatever. This "we're better than them" reasoning is pathetic and absurd.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It is time to stop sacrificing the lives of our troops in Iraq. One U.S. soldier's life is worth way more to me than the life of an Iraqi civilian and it is definitely worth more than the life of a Muslim terrorist in Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the kind of thinking that causes much of this chaos in the world.

We're all the same - it doesn't matter if we're American, Iraqi, or whatever. This "we're better than them" reasoning is pathetic and absurd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree.

However.... I have to say, if Iran really want to start their nuclear processing stuff, they are just begging to get bombed. There's no way a government that has direct ties/sympathies with suicide bombers can even get a sniff of nukes.

Having said that, this news leads me to three possible reasons for the reporting about Iran restarting nuclear stuff:

1) It's some sort of brinksmanship, and Iran want something from the world - funding, support etc?
2) This is deliberate misinformation in a runup to attacking iran - Cheney + his cronies would be behind that.
3) Iran are blinded to what's gonna happen by their own sense of superiority (much like Saddam was, I gues).

I reckon (2) myself, but could be (3). I doubt (1), but Libya did it in the end, so you never know.