Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 03:51 AM

Default Re: Dammit Paul! Yer not making it easy for us to worship you.

just wanted to mention that when i read that post on fullcontact poker i thought it was obvious it was made by an aliased 'dan druff'.

i sent the link to a couple of friends and said only something to the effect of 'hey check out this lame defense of how big of a tool dan druff is'.

they all independantly concluded 'that is him posting, how pathetic'.

i'll go ahead and link to the two comments for anyone that has yet to read them:

the 'different perspective' post on FCP

dan druff's comments on NWP

and finally just a link paul found of Druff's comments regarding Negreanu on FCP that helps drive the similarity home:

druff on daniel on FCP

i find the entire thing funny but pathetic.

i really wish a FCP moderator or admin would take the time to do a quick IP math of druff's posts and the 'person' that made the defense post.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:07 AM

It is possible to use anonymisers that basically hide which IP-address you post from.

As someone pointed out, the alligations are quite serious. I'm not convinced the posts are made by the same person, but obviously there's a chance they are. They may be similar, but there are also differences. For example, the neverwin post contains a lot of " , and the fcp post contains none.

If I were to make the alligations Phillips did, I would have to be a lot more certain that I was right.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I were to make the alligations Phillips did, I would have to be a lot more certain that I was right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? My "allegation" is "I think it is quite likely that witteles posted that." When I get time to fully articulate all the reasons you might just end up thinking the same thing, but hey, either way. Nobody has to pay any attention to my opinion, and if people do, then maybe it's because I have a history of being right.

My blog isn't the new york times, it's my blog, where I express opinions about things based on my knowledge and experience. My threshold of certainty to express this particular opinion was easily met because I have a ton of experience spotting sock puppets. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. If you don't end up agreeing with my assessment you are at liberty to devalue any opinions of mine you encounter in the future.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, he could. Given that the webmaster there has joined in with some of the nasty comments towards me, my guess is that he already has checked and doesn't like what he found.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice try, but no, not yet. Should they be willing to reveal that information (and I'd fully understand if they aren't) it can only convict you, it can't acquit you. It's extremely easy to hide your tracks on that front, as I believe you well know. On the other hand if the confirmation email address turned out to belong to your girlfriend or mother that might be a bad sign for you.

It is unlikely any definitive proof will ever emerge either way, but to my eye you are already losing in the court of public opinion and when I get the time I promise to make the case much more convincingly.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:31 AM

It's hilarious that people want to act like this is Watergate or something.

PP stated his opinion that it was likely that Wittelles made the post in question.

After reading the post, I'd have to agree with him. The "anonymous" poster seemed intent on doing two things:

1) Making the point that he was just some random guy making a post, and

2) Going out of his way to take Wittelles' side on every issue imaginable.

Oh by the way, he also did this in a writing style that seemed similar to Wittelles.

Now think about a couple of points here. First, who feels compelled to go out of their way to say that they are just an anonymous guy who is making a post? That itself is suspicious. Add to that the fact that Wittelles' behavior on the broadcast was really idiotic. I mean, if you're going to look at it with any objectivity, for all his rationalizing about being prodded by the people at ESPN, there's no getting around the fact that he came off like a jagbag. I'm sorry, but that point can not even be debated.

Add to that what is also just as obvious: Wittelles seems to have an obsession with his own image and with defending himself on internet forums. I mean, for God's sake, when have you ever heard someone on ESPN say that they can't wait to see what is going to be said about them on internet forums???

The bottom line is that it is very reasonable in light of all this to assume that Wittelles was the anonymous poster. I also think that as much as he protests, he loves all this attention that he's getting, whether it's positive or negative. And to those who are OUTRAGED that PP would state his opinion on this subject without concrete evidence, lighten up. For one thing, he's likely correct, and for another, it's just poker, for chrissake. Get some perspective.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:38 AM

Yeah, even before Paul made his "allegations" (which I guess applies, it just make it seem a lot more serious), I was suspicious of a poster who outright says, "this is my first post, and I promise not to post again," or something to that effect. The fact that he hasn't either shows a lot of self restraint, or points to a little bit of hanky panky going on....
Old 08-30-2005, 11:39 AM

Did Dan Druff write a fake post? Probably.

Does it f'ing matter? NO!

[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=who+cares/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/SIG=1235lfdri/EXP=1125502439/*-http%3A//www.strokescheme.ie/images/who%20cares.JPG[/img]
Old 08-30-2005, 02:53 PM

Default The only thing that matter is........

2005 tournament Earnings (Courtesy of the Hendon Mob)

Paul Phillips: $11,095
Dan Druff: $463,195

and just for fun...

Phil Helmuth: $595,810
Old 08-30-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Re: The only thing that matter is........

[ QUOTE ]

and just for fun...

[/ QUOTE ]

Semi-unfair, in that Paul has been busy handling the product of procreation, but I'm sure he has played in more events live than Druff has.

Small sample size, yadda, yadda, yadda.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Re: The only thing that matter is........

[ QUOTE ]

and just for fun...

[/ QUOTE ]

and just for fun...the same CAREER numbers from hendon mob...about as unfair as the previous statistic.

Paul Phillips: $2,165,213

Todd Witteles: $463,195

donkkkkkk

rj