Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2005, 01:36 AM

Default Re: 500k seat - play, or unregister

I have made 2 of the satalites on stars and both i just used tournement credit for, I just thought it would be of more value for me than taking a huge risk, of course if u think it is worth it then sure go for it. My bankroll was a little smaller too when i got mine. I think unregistering would be of more value to u, but if u wanna take a shot then go for it, not a huge thing just do it.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Kasey [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2005, 10:34 AM

Default Re: 500k seat - play, or unregister

I'm highly in favor of playing. As long as you're not a professional player your bank roll is not your livelyhood.

For me playing the higher buy-in MTTs has meant a load of experience (experiencing the play at these levels, experiencing myself dealing with the added preasure etc), that seriously has helped me improve my play.

How many of the WSOP players here from this board did actually have an "appropriate" bank roll to play at the Rio? I believe very few, but they played anyway, for the experience, for the fun of it, and for the chance of cashing big time. I played my $1,000 WSOP event on a satellite win (with only a $3,000 bank roll behind) primarily because it's a lot of fun, and I leaned a lot from it - and luckily I cashed.

As many posters already has mentioned, the 500k guaranteed is very soft; you'll encounter a contingency of players that hardly belong in a $10 buy-in. One of my fondest memories from it was a double-up 10 minutes into the tournament against a guy, that called my preflop raise with KJ, and moved in for 8 x the pot on a raggy K hi flop; I simply couldn't make myself believe my AK wasn't good in that situation.

Good luck!

Best,

McMelchior (Johan)