Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 05:07 PM

Default OMFG Absolute Software Sucks Sooooo Bad

New update today... Great.

Freeze freeze freeze.

What a POS, I'm so harshed right now. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2005, 06:55 PM

Default Re: OMFG Absolute Software Sucks Sooooo Bad

its not from todays update. its been doing it for about a week now. and it seems like there has been a new update every day for the past week, and none of them have fixed anything.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its not from todays update. its been doing it for months, if not years now

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-09-2005, 07:37 PM

I had the pleasure of being in a four way capped pot with AQ. Flop of AQ2. Disconnected, frozen, and bye bye. I am waiting for an answer from support as I not only lost an almost certain winner in a huge pot, I lost the bets I had already put in the pot.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:24 PM

Considering the frequency of updates this week, it would seem they are aware of the latest problem and are working to fix it!
Old 12-10-2005, 01:05 AM

I can't even log in. Every time I try to enter my password, as soon as I hit the second character, it crashes.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:54 AM

FCKIN JOKE OF A SITE,
just played there and lost a fckin 80$ pot when it froze,
i tried to get the hand no, and it just disapeared.
bs
Old 12-10-2005, 03:37 AM

They really have some issues there.

They have my computer (which I sent to them when they asked because they wanted to look at my specific probs...they bought me a new computer...thread on this was back in June).

I couldn't really play on AP because it was such a resource hog on my computer (I had an Inspiron 5100...I now have a 9300...but it's still a resource hog).

A month or so later they wanted to ask me some more questions about my problems which I thought was strange.
They had my computer...they should be able to see the slow-downs for themselves...and I had already told them I know nothing about computers. But I answered their questions and they were very nice and very professional.

and obviously they bought me a new $1500 computer so I am quite partial to the folks over there.
I only wish I could play even 1 table there without the resource meter on my task-manager shooting WAY up.
They would likely get some of my play if their software was better. I suspect there are others who would be interested in taking advantage of all of their reload bonuses and playing there more often...but like me just give up out of general frustration.

I don't know much about the internet or computers...and I don't know why it's so hard to create a poker-site that doesn't fall apart. But I know that there are some sites that are pretty reasonable to play on and don't have resource-hogging issues or anything else...and there are sites like absolute (and others) that just weren't designed right somehow or don't have enough server-space or whatever.