Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 02:19 PM

Default QQ hand

B&M Blinds $2/$5 $300 capped buyin

Full table
Hero (have about $1000): UTG + 1 with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] opens for $25
Folds to the BB who calls (BB has about $240)

My image is most likely solid, the only raises that I have shown I have had a big pair.
History on the BB. Has been pretty loose calling p/f raises. He's not all that good, likes to push his stack all in a lot. About an hour earlier, had similar situation where I had KK, I bet the pot on flop with undercards with two to a flush on the board. He check raised me all in. I called, he was on a flush draw, with a small pair.

Flop
9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB checks, I bet $45. BB push all in.
Call or Fold?
Old 06-16-2005, 03:00 PM

Default Re: QQ hand

Given the stack size and provided history on BB/villian, this is an easy call.

If he had a set/two pair/AA/KK, I'd imagine villian would play the hand a little slower to ensure that he doubles up -- rather than potentially "scare" you out of the pot. My guess is he has a flush draw with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] as his top card, so he has more than 10 outs to suck out on you. Nevertheless, you're still ahead.
Old 06-16-2005, 03:05 PM

Default Re: QQ hand

You are getting better than 3-2 on your money on a hand that you are most likely ahead. However, if you are behind you have 2 outs, if you are ahead Villain has 5-15 outs. However, I would doubt that a set would go all-in here so it is an easy call in my opinion.