Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 02:35 PM

Default Re: AA on Flop

JJ maybe, but I strongly disagree with AQ. AQ is a horrible dog to AA, and in pretty poor shape vs KK or QQ. If you don't flop a str8 or 2 queens what are you going to do. The stacks are deep, but not that deep. Even if he flops 2 queens what if it is KQQ or AQQ, then what do you do? AQ would be much better off just calling the original raise vs, miniraising, and once it was re-raised you have to fold it. At least that's what I would do.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:39 PM

I just don't see people min-re-raise anything other than AA/KK with any regularity. You are ahead of {AA,KK} so I call.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:40 PM

yes thats how you feel about it but you have no idea how villain feels about AQ.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:49 PM

I understand what your saying and it has some merit, my intention was to raise large enough that the only hand that would call would be KK, maybe QQ or AKs. In reterospect, I should have raised $20-50 more. By doing that any move other than a fold is a mistake by him, because he would not have the implied odds to call. Even with the amount I bet his implied odds are pretty borderline. Now if has some sort of suited connector, maybe he has the odds if he thinks he can stack me. Not a play I would make, because the flop would have to come out just right to stack me (like 2 pair or trips).
Old 07-11-2005, 03:10 PM

Default Results & Thoughts

My read was what a lot of yours was, KK, with an outside chance of AK [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I was a little concerned about the overbet though because a good percentage of the time that means monster. Anyway I called, this donk has KQo. I laid awake thinking about whether or not I should have folded, thanks for the feedback. In conclusion, I think the only thing I could have done was maybe raise more on the re-raise pre-flop, and add this guy to my buddy list.