Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2003, 09:46 PM

Default 15/30 Bellagio - flopped nuts

My first post! As a longtime reader of this forum, I've waited a while to post a hand "interesting enough". Here it is. 15/30 at the Bellagio, I'm visiting and new to the table, so I don't know the players. I'm in middle position (7-player game) with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and raise first in. Only the small blind calls.

Flop is 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet.

Turn is J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB checks, I bet, SB raises, I cap.

River is 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Damn. SB leads out.

Your play?
Old 11-09-2003, 11:30 PM

Default Re: 15/30 Bellagio - flopped nuts

raise since you have his KJ beat [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

in all seriousness though this is difficult to answer without knowing the player. he is leading into you after you capped on the turn with the board paired twice..... but i don't have the ability to make this laydown. maybe he picked up a flush draw on the turn and was just trying to get tricky.... hard to say. my gut tells me your hand was good though. hope it worked out for you...
Old 11-09-2003, 11:51 PM

I think he had an overpair and was ready to fold to a raise. Unless he is a crappy player who would cold call with a T or a J in his hand...anyway I would call for the last bet since the pot is freakin huge. Hope it worked out.
-James
Old 11-10-2003, 05:19 AM

I shake my head and call. A better player probably silently mucks.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:31 AM

I have the feeling you are beaten. I don't think he'd lead out at the river without anything, when you capped the turn before. I put him on Jx. It's definitly a crying call for you.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:24 PM

Default You\'ve confirmed my missplay

Thanks for the comments.

WELL I knew I made a bad decision. I unhappily mucked my hand, "sure" I was beat. This speaks to the dangers of so certainly "putting someone on a hand". I was so sure that the SB had a jack on the turn, and was equally sure I had his trips beat.

After my laydown, SB plopped his hand down face up, showing 7 8 for the low end straight.

The good news - I took a walk, had a winning session, and a great trip!!

Thanks for the input all.

Old 11-10-2003, 10:05 PM

Default Re: You\'ve confirmed my missplay

Ouch, I just got back from the Bellagio and played in mostly the 15-30. I noticed people will blast away with raises and reraises all the way to the river with middle pair no matter what the board might look like. I bet if you had played a little longer you would have seen how super aggressive (and a tad loose) the players are and would have called on the river.

Sounds like it all worked out though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Spoody