Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars deep stack tourny

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I saw you at the final table for a while that I watched. Shame I wasn't there with you. Went out a little ugly. Everyone folded to me in the SB and I completed with 7To. I know, why get involved with trash, but I did. Both of us have deep stacks, about 500K each but he has me covered.

Flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and I bet out about half the pot and he calls. I go "uh oh" and am ready to surrender the hand until the turn comes with the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

So I lead out for 30K and he raises to 130K and I push all-in. He turns up 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I'm sick the second I see it because we're tied because of the king and queen on board and he's freerolling me. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] hit river and I'm busted.

But I ran so good all tourney I really couldn't complain.

[/ QUOTE ]

you still had 3 outs to win at least

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right, I did, but my brain didn't process my "win" outs only the "lose" outs. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2005, 02:47 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

Ouch, yeah, you're about 40% on that turn to win, but how can you know your opponent has the other 7 AND the spade draw as well? Tough hand, but congrats on making it so far.

I might consider playing the $100 deep-stack sometime, instead of driving down to Foxwoods to gambool in the Friday morning tourney.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:27 PM

I played in that same one Sat, finished 40th. It was fun, but it took too long. Dont think Ill play anymore for buy ins that low.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:46 PM

You definitely have to be prepared to hang in for the long haul. I think that since the tournament gives so much play, it might be reasonable to buy in to one of the more expensive ones (if you consider that you get as much play in one 30+3 deep stack that you would get in two or three 10+1). I usually don't play 30's but the extra chips and the loose play makes them affordable even for a bankroll that doesn't normally support them.

Of course now after my 4th place finish, I can afford them anyway [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2005, 03:36 PM

I registered for the limit Omaha8 deep stack by mistake last week. What a nightmare!!! First three hours were completely meaningless. Deep stacks + long levels + limit betting + split pots = agony. Made a little money, but I would have rather taken a beating.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:56 PM

Default 20+2 PLO Deep Stack

Anyone else in this?

Sat out the first ~45 minutes due to dinner with the girl.

5240 @ 21
Old 11-08-2005, 08:58 PM

Default Re: 20+2 PLO Deep Stack

Dear Exitonly4,

please quit swinging your huge stack and raising my semi bluffs.

thanks.

=)
Old 11-08-2005, 09:09 PM

Default Re: 20+2 PLO Deep Stack

haha, will do.

GL.