Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 07:46 PM

Default Re: The toughness of games at absolute

[ QUOTE ]
A few of the players I hate at absolute:

any2willdo4u
yoggi bear
puccininy
hat rin
kimbola

I wonder how many of these are reading this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any2 is definitely a pain in the ass. The rest can be good but can tilt pretty badly too from what I've seen, and definitely have exploitable points in their games.

Rob
Old 12-18-2005, 07:53 PM

I don't have a ton of hands there yet but I've had a -430BB swing at 10/20, but overall I'm winning there fairly well. I've been doing less well at 5/10 but I think that's a control issue, as I've had a hard time making myself play my A game at 5/10.

Rob
Old 12-18-2005, 07:58 PM

I'm currently on a 400bb downswing playing 10/20 and 5/10. Unfortuanately, i'm not yet a proven winner in these games.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:53 PM

Anyone interested in swapping usernames? I've had a tough time at this site (I'm there for the same reason as the rest of you) and had yet another tough day today (-85BB at 10/20 and 5/10 both in 4k hands). I'd appreciate any comments on plays you've seen me make etc.

Rob
Old 12-20-2005, 10:59 PM

I got killed there today as well (at 5/10). If anyone wants to discuss hands, feel free to PM me.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone interested in swapping usernames? I've had a tough time at this site (I'm there for the same reason as the rest of you) and had yet another tough day today (-85BB at 10/20 and 5/10 both in 4k hands). I'd appreciate any comments on plays you've seen me make etc.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like from what Ive heard lately a lot of the "d00ds" just push money back and forth to each other...I havent played there in a while and Im going to start back this week, so it will be intresting to see if the games have changed. I just remember a lot of weak tighties who were pretty bad shorthanded.

The games are tougher on AP, but they are that way for a reason and probably always will be tough games. But I dont think its possible to beat the handicap many of us have there. Dunno. Its decent practice for higher limits imo, regardless. If its anything like 4-5 months ago, only a select few players are truly good. The rest are just mediocre.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like from what Ive heard lately a lot of the "d00ds" just push money back and forth to each other...I havent played there in a while and Im going to start back this week, so it will be intresting to see if the games have changed. I just remember a lot of weak tighties who were pretty bad shorthanded.

The games are tougher on AP, but they are that way for a reason and probably always will be tough games. But I dont think its possible to beat the handicap many of us have there. Dunno. Its decent practice for higher limits imo, regardless. If its anything like 4-5 months ago, only a select few players are truly good. The rest are just mediocre.

[/ QUOTE ]

The games aren't uberbad and I definitely think they're beatable, though they don't seem quite as good now as they did a while ago. I've seen some of the worse players who were playing 10/20 and 15/30 go busto which is unfortunate.

Rob
Old 12-21-2005, 03:49 AM

I quit these games. I was doing fine, but I can make more at Party, even without a 10k rakeback check every month.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I quit these games. I was doing fine, but I can make more at Party, even without a 10k rakeback check every month.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're definitely a lot swingier than Party was. Guess that's a function of having a smaller edge.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:57 AM

well the rb is better at 3/6 and 5/10 games, as u move past 10/20 its probably better to go off site as u get less and less return in terms of bb. Still a good way to build a roll at a decent clip at the 3/6 to 10/20 games though. Past that, Id look for better games elsewhere.