Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2005, 12:15 PM

Default 66 played passively live at MGM

Warning: This hand is played extremely passively due to tilt. I however wonder how bad it actually is to play a hand like this.

Blinds are 2-4 or similar both me and villain have around $300 stacks. I have read villain as a passive player that is rather lose preflop but ok postflop but in live play that still means he has the skill of a bad NL25 online player. I have seen him bet a straightdraw once. Anyway...

No limpers I get 66 and raise to standard 4xBB villain is in BB and calls. (he can have any hand at this stage) Flop is heads up.

Flop is 995 with two clubs. Villain bets into me around 2/3s of pot. I feel that I may be ahead but I will never get the better hand to fold (any pocket pair). I just call.

Turn is 2 (not club)
Villain bets half pot. I call again playing scared.

River is Ace of clubs and he bets the pot into me and I fold.

River fold is quite obvious. My thinking is this:
If he has his draw he will continue to bet it and I will make money by not raising him out of the pot but I could of course charge him more. If he has the 9 I will save money by not raising him. If he has overcards and is just bluffing it sucks for me to play this way. PPs will not fold.

I probably should just fold this on the flop already but I felt I was ahead so large percentage of the time.

So what you say?