Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2004, 07:42 PM

Default AK in the SB, Call or Reraise?

I was just talking to some friends about this situation, LP player raises 4x BB and you have AK in the SB. Say the blinds are 1/2 and you have 200 and the LP raiser has 200. I almost always call here with AK, but Vagos and a couple other people said they always raise here, and I just don't understand what a raise accomplishes.

Also, they said folding is better than calling which strikes me as complete nonesense. Anyway, someone want to explain the logic behind reraising here?
Old 06-22-2004, 07:46 PM

Default Re: AK in the SB, Call or Reraise?

If you never reraise with AK in this situation and your opponent is observant they will realize you hold a big pair when you reraise and they can easily fold or call for implied to take your whole stack. I like reraising most of the time and calling some of the time. I agree with you that folding is the worst choice.

-Ezcheeze
Old 06-22-2004, 07:48 PM

Default Re: AK in the SB, Call or Reraise?

First of all, I think just reraising here is something of a weak reason because I'm referring mainly to online games where no one plays with anyone else for very long. Secondly, that's the only reason you give for reraising with AK which would justify making this play "occasionally" whereas you do it "most of the time."