Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2005, 11:41 PM

Default KK gets an Ace on the flop.

Reads: BB seems teh studious, solid type. UTG+1 seems a bit loose, passive.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

I knew I was beat here. I was ready to fold instead of bet. Anyhow, would it have been better to reraise the flop, and check/fold the turn? Is that the more "standard" play for this sort of thing at micro? I played it the way I did for two reasons: 1)maybe, just maybe MHIG and 2) to confirm my gut feeling.

RE, Thanks

Fishlips
Old 03-23-2005, 11:43 PM

Default Re: KK gets an Ace on the flop.

I would fold after the flop raise. If you want to make a "loose" flop call, fold the turn.

Rob
Old 03-23-2005, 11:44 PM

yea thats tough, there are so many people that play A rag you should proboly just call on the flop after you got reraised. just hope most people are on draws here and you should win your fare share of the time on this hand.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just hope most people are on draws here and you should win your fare share of the time on this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really need to consider preflop action when you say that "hope most people are on draws." You're beat. Fold the turn at the least, probbaly folding to the flop raise would be best.

Rob
Old 03-24-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
just hope most people are on draws here and you should win your fare share of the time on this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really need to consider preflop action when you say that "hope most people are on draws." You're beat. Fold the turn at the least, probbaly folding to the flop raise would be best.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

see, i would have played it similar and would have called down, so i'm trying to think through what you're suggesting.

if your read is right,the fold suggestion is because the 3-bet came from the BB position, which would put BB's hands on AA-QQ, AK, maybe AQs right?

if there are more hands he could be playing, i'd have a tough time letting this one go in this large pot.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:07 PM

If he 3-bets preflop and reraises your bet on the flop, you can assume you have 2 outs, correct? If you don't hit on the turn, you need 22:1 to hit and you don't have that in the pot.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he 3-bets preflop and reraises your bet on the flop, you can assume you have 2 outs, correct? If you don't hit on the turn, you need 22:1 to hit and you don't have that in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess my thinking is, if in BB we can put him on such a strict range of hands, i understand folding, which is why i asked the 3-bet preflop from BB question in my previous post.

if we can't, wouldn't we play QQ or JJ the same way, especially if we have a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]??
Old 03-24-2005, 05:35 PM

He's not afraid of your cap or with you leading out on the flop when an A drops. What range of hands do you put him on?

[edit] And, based on the flush draw, the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is poisoned now as well.