Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 10:25 PM

Default Re: TR From the Bellagio $5K NLH

Nice report. I was at your table when you busted, the younger guy in the 6 seat. It hurt watching those beats, though after what had gone on at that table we all expected that J on the river. Good tournament, tough breaks.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:27 PM

Thanks for the kind words. I had a laugh with a buddy when I articulated that there seemed to be some sympathy aimed at me when I was packing up and leaving: he pointed out that the reaction really was "yes, that sucked, but thank God it didn't happen to me."

I didn't know the one seat, but man, did that guy overplay his hands. His action on KQ was a gift from God, as was quite frankly his AK play. And when the guy in the four or five that pumped his threes said "I thought there was a shot you'd lay it down," I really wanted to respond "Please, sir, learn some math."
Old 12-05-2005, 11:39 PM

Yeah, the 1 seat was awful. He was the one to give the grinder a ton of chips when he some how got all of his chips, and he had a lot them, all in on a flop of 962 with A8 vs the grinder's set of 6's.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the Ac5c hand had me puking, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me as well; funny reference, by the way.

Seems to me in hindsight that a flop bet is mandatory. If Alabsi's range is pairs larger than 7, AK-AJ and KQs, I'm a favorite to his hand. And the turn bet to three spades where my opponent's range is highly likely to include the chop card is downright idiotic. Of course, there's some shot that he can put me on a made flush and muck the hand, so there probably some tiny FE to my bet.

And the alternatives aren't so good either; with 12K dead in the pot, check-folding isn't a very attractive line. My $6K bet could also act as a block bet; if I check-call, he may stack me.

What line do you like? Assume the PF action.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have time tomorrow night to relook at the hand. I'm in Denver on business and the hotel internet sucks ass. I'll email you manana.