PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $4 BB (7 handed) converter

Hero ($334.55)
MP1 ($171.05)
MP2 ($120)
CO ($105.60)
Button ($244.50)
SB ($236.55)
BB ($400)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $4.
Hero calls $4, MP1 calls $4, MP2 (poster) checks, CO calls $4, Button calls $4, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($28) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $24</font>, BB calls $24, Hero calls $24, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds.

Turn: ($100) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $44</font>, BB calls $44, Hero calls $44.

River: ($232) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $44</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $200</font>, Hero folds, SB calls $120.55 (All-In).

Final Pot: $596.55

I felt that the BB had to have JJ. I didn't see what hand I could have that would win this pot. I think I played it well on all streets. What do you guys think?
Old 12-29-2005, 08:46 PM

Default Re: Release the Boat - 3 way

Fold preflop!

Playing these small/mid pairs in EP is going to kill your bankroll for exactly the reasons that this HH illustrates.

On the flop:

With that much action in front of you and 4 left behind you, I would seriously consider folding middle set. There is a straight on the board and the only card that you really want to see on the turn and river is the case 8. Anyone behind you with 9-10 and 2 spades could suddenly escalate this thing into an all-in coup. Do you want to be calling off your whole stack here with just a naked middle set?

On the turn:

OK, by some miracle, you now have the button. The turn also fills you up. SB makes a half pot bet and BB calls! You are screwed. Unless both SB and BB are complete maniacs, you are drawing to 1 out. One of them had to have J-J or 7-7, both of which are beating you. It is again time to fold. If you think both a complete loons, you should be raising here. Calling is the worst of the 3 options IMO.

On the river:

You found the fold button that had been hiding from you since before the flop. Whew!