Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 03:30 AM

Default Re: OT: Would you knock another 2+2r out on the bubble?

I folded 66 from the BB on the final table bubble of the Empire $50K many months ago against a well respected 2+2er's despiration push.

He may have won the hand anyway, but to this day he doesn't know what I did.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:35 AM

Was it betgo? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2005, 03:42 AM

I'm a big cheater, and I don't care what you guys say. They are MY chips and I'll play them how I WANT!!!
Old 11-15-2005, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a big cheater, and I don't care what you guys say. They are MY chips and I'll play them how I WANT!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not for soft-playign vs 2+2.. but i thought something like this too.. i dont think it's cheating as long as you don't like agree upon it, or talk about it.

I think it's borderline unethical, but not cheating.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Was it betgo? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

he said a RESPECTED 2+2er.

I keed, I keed.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:51 AM

I would knock them out on a regular tourney. If it was a sattelite where like everyone that made it was going to get an entry to a tournament and i was in good posistion and it would not hurt me to pass I probably would if someone i knew was on the bubble. Heck i have done it for someone that has made plesant conversation at my table [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2005, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If it was a sattelite where like everyone that made it was going to get an entry to a tournament and i was in good posistion and it would not hurt me to pass I probably would if someone i knew was on the bubble. Heck i have done it for someone that has made plesant conversation at my table

[/ QUOTE ]

I think i'm with you here.. if i'm guaranteed my spot then all of my options are EV Neutral, so i should be able to decide on whatever one i pick by whatever the hell i feel, if someone at the table was pleasant, and we had a conversation, i'd pick an option that helped him, or if i was friends with someone at the tabl, i'd do that.

I realize this situation never comes up, so it's stupid to talk about, but i don't think this wouyld be cheating or immoral.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:28 AM

Well think about it this way... my call was a close one anyway. I don't have a HUGE chip stack but I'm okay. I can fold 87os automatically thinking the BB is going to call (even though he doesn't). The BB isn't going to fold here one in a billion times (I hope).

So it's not exactly cheating if I fold and let the BB take care of it. I would never actually TELL the person I was folding for him. Because it's not exactly true. Mostly I'd be folding for myself.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:16 AM

It may well have been me I finished 100 in the $10 DS the other week I think 99 paid so I was the bubble boy.

I dont remember the hand I went out on though. If it was me then dont feel bad firstly cos I would have knocked you out given the same circumstances and second cos I want bothered the prize was $18 and I found it quite amusing anyway moreso as somone from another place was sweating me. I am playing the deep stacks to get experience more than getting a prize .

Also if I did have AK I probably wanted a caller.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:13 AM

Default Re: OT: Would you knock another 2+2 out on the bubble?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone knows the risk of busting out just before the bubble. I wouldn't softplay just due to someone posting here and I hope nobody here would softplay for me if the roles were reversed. When I win a tournament I want it to be on my own merits and I don't want anyone to be able to say "You wouldn't have won if I hadn't folded such-and-such hand that had you beat."

[/ QUOTE ]

If your at my table, i'll go out of my way to bust you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Love you really! (but i'd still bust you....)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah yeah... all talk. I already DID bust you!