Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Creating meaning in my life

Learn Flash. Your programming skills will transfer over into Actionscripting. The pay is great, you get to work on cool projects, and you can tell cute girls you're a designer. I'm not sure I know of any design firms in DC though, you'd probably have to move to LA or NY or SF.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:15 PM

Learn an instrument, like the bass guitar (i would say guitar, but as a bassist myself, i am 100% biased) chicks love guitars and basses, plus you could form a band, and maybe oneday become famous. And to become really good would obviously require dedication and work etc = fullfilment in your life.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What kind of goalie? Were you any good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ice hockey. Played varsity in high school for 2 years. I was decent but never had any chance to do anything with it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Where did you play? This would be meaningful if you were in Minnesota, Michigan UP, or Canada, but if it's something like Madison WI, then I'm sorry it doesn't count.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Learn Flash. Your programming skills will transfer over into Actionscripting. The pay is great, you get to work on cool projects, and you can tell cute girls you're a designer. I'm not sure I know of any design firms in DC though, you'd probably have to move to LA or NY or SF.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know actionscript very well. I have zero design skills. And I hate DC so leaving here wouldn't be a problem.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Where did you play? This would be meaningful if you were in Minnesota, Michigan UP, or Canada, but if it's something like Madison WI, then I'm sorry it doesn't count.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me it doesn't count.

(go buckeyes)
Old 09-27-2005, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me it doesn't count.

(go buckeyes)

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah. Well... I am still kind of desperate to find a decent goalie. Want to move to Denver and start a team? There's lots of tech jobs here and it's supposedly one of the best cities in the nation for 20-something singles.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know actionscript very well. I have zero design skills. And I hate DC so leaving here wouldn't be a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
Having zero design skills is not really a problem because if you can code games or actionscript heavy stuff you can get jobs out here freelance as an Actioscripter. They have designers to design stuff. If you're interested at all, let me know because I can give your info to people when they ask me if I know any good Actionscripters. The problem is they usually want people to be here in LA, or in NY or SF. I know more Flash people in LA than anywhere.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:32 PM

A girl that I dated and am still good friends with moved to Wash D.C. started working at the DoD as an analyst of some sort.

From what I hear, the DoD is not overrun by cute girls. Get out of Wash D.C. and move to a city with better climate and women before you get stuck.

DN
Old 09-27-2005, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Learn Flash. Your programming skills will transfer over into Actionscripting. The pay is great

[/ QUOTE ]

can you throw out a number? also can you give a number for C#/java programmers with similar experience level in your area as well?

just curious
Old 09-27-2005, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's supposedly one of the best cities in the nation for 20-something singles.

[/ QUOTE ]

false advertising. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]