Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2005, 10:31 AM

Default Re: White Sox Winner!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody see that big "lucky" White Sox win last night? The overrated bullpen got pretty lucky again, shutting down the M's for 4 innings with no hits. Brian Anderson with two "lucky bloop hit home runs". Barely misses a third, late in the game. Guess his luck ran out there. And then Iguchi with a lucky shot off Everyday Eddie in the 12th to win it. That's lucky win #78.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope for your sake that you have to try very hard to sound this dumb.

running good != bad
Old 08-27-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody see that big "lucky" White Sox win last night? The overrated bullpen got pretty lucky again, shutting down the M's for 4 innings with no hits. Brian Anderson with two "lucky bloop hit home runs". Barely misses a third, late in the game. Guess his luck ran out there. And then Iguchi with a lucky shot off Everyday Eddie in the 12th to win it. That's lucky win #78.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you're making us other Sox fans look bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-27-2005, 05:23 PM

On another note, the Score announced an hour or two ago that Griffey will be coming to the White Sox. This could be just yet another rumor but I'm sure we'll know for sure in a few hours.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:23 PM

Dam rumors getting my hopes up again [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2005, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You know what? Fine. Look around this forum, and you'll see Yankees fans, Red Sox fans, Twins fans, etc. giving each other reach-arounds every time their teams pull off a win. I start a thread about the White Sox getting back on track, and decide to take a stand to defend them, and apparently I'm making White Sox fans look bad. That's fine -- Sox fans can crawl back in their holes and wait for the sky to fall.

The "lucky" stuff was tongue-in-cheek based on previous material in the thread.

I'm clearly fighting a fight that can't be won, so I concede. I'll count my blessing on the Sox apparent lucky playoff appearance, and await their impending doom.

I'm out.
Old 08-28-2005, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[I really do think you are missing Sublime's point. He is not personally attacking you (well, who knows??? he is a jerk and I hate him and wish I never had to work with him again [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ). I think if you took a step back and listened to what he was saying you would understand.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]
Based on his posts in this thread Sublime couldn't find his ass with both hands when it comes to baseball. His knowledge consists of throwing a bunch of horse crap at the wall and seeing what sticks. His opinion means nothing to me.
Old 08-28-2005, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[I really do think you are missing Sublime's point. He is not personally attacking you (well, who knows??? he is a jerk and I hate him and wish I never had to work with him again [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ). I think if you took a step back and listened to what he was saying you would understand.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]
Based on his posts in this thread Sublime couldn't find his ass with both hands when it comes to baseball. His knowledge consists of throwing a bunch of horse crap at the wall and seeing what sticks. His opinion means nothing to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not saying that Sublime knows everything about baseball. But, I feel Jack Of Arcades knows a lot of sh-t, and he has taught me a lot that I didn't know about my favorite sport. You will notice that most of the time Sublime and JOA's ideas are pretty much in line.

Nobody is denying that the CWS are a good team this year. All anybody is saying is that their record is muh better than it should be. I think that is all Sublime is saying. I am a Boston fan, and I know that they have a couple of more games won than they should have.

All that aside, I think you need to take a step back and look at all their important stats. They will most likely finish the number one seed. But, that doesn't mean they are the best team. Last year the NYY had the best record in the AL, but they highly over performed, but Boston was actually the better team and under performed.

This much I am almost certain of, the $150 bet that I made with the other 2+2er is a great bet. There is only one team they will not be dogs against (I think that teamw will be OAK). Any other team, despite CWS having HFA, they are still going to be dogs.

Anyways, I am going to end this rant now. But, to say that Sublime does not know what he is talking about, is not a fair comparison. If he was saying the same things about BOS, maybe there would be some validity to you point. But, Sublime has no vested insterest in the CWS either way. He is just trying to explain baseball.

craig

p.s. Sublime likes being a smart ass, but he really is a good guy (how can't he be, he convinced me that just because I am straight doesn't mean I can't give him head). I stil haven't made it back to Boston to fulfill his request, but it is only a matter of time.

I just ask that you take a step back and you will see that CWS have been much luckier than other contenders (though, they are a great team; these two ideas do not contradict each other.).

Also, you asked Sublime this question ealier, which was (as close to the quote as I can remember): Do you think CWS are favorites? I am asking you, do you think if they play NYY or BOS, that they will be favorites?

One last thing...I know you are happy about your team being in first place and most likely will be going to the playoffs, but you can't tell me you aren't a litle nervous about them playing BOS or NYY.

And FWIW, if Boston doesn't make the post season for some reason or gets knocked out, I will be pulling for the CWS in the AL (even with the even money $150 bet I have with a 2+2er. But, I also know that I will be able to most likely be able to hedge this bet and take CWS if they play anybody but the A's.

good luck

craig

p.s. Being that I am a Boston fan, why would I want them to play the #1 ranked team in the AL if I didn't think that BOS was favorites over them (and as much as it pains me the NYY as well.).
Old 08-28-2005, 07:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You know what? Fine. Look around this forum, and you'll see Yankees fans, Red Sox fans, Twins fans, etc. giving each other reach-arounds every time their teams pull off a win. I start a thread about the White Sox getting back on track, and decide to take a stand to defend them, and apparently I'm making White Sox fans look bad. That's fine -- Sox fans can crawl back in their holes and wait for the sky to fall.

The "lucky" stuff was tongue-in-cheek based on previous material in the thread.

I'm clearly fighting a fight that can't be won, so I concede. I'll count my blessing on the Sox apparent lucky playoff appearance, and await their impending doom.

I'm out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude listen -

Been lucky when you compare their expected Win/Loss ratio versus their actual Win/Loss ratio DOES NOT EQUAL plain lucky to just even make the playoffs