Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2004, 02:02 PM

Default I can\'t play in Million Dollar tourney...entertaining options here...

Here is my situation. I won a $20 sattelite for a freeroll into the 600+40 Party Poker Million Dollar Guaranteed Tourney at 4:30pm EST this Saturday. I am unable to play because I have a family reunion/christmas party to go to at about 7:30pm EST. As BAD as I want to play in this thing, I don't think I can live with myself if I choose the poker tourney over my family especially around Christmas. (I am single and no kids or anything so if anyone can help me justify this PLEASE TELL ME WHY I SHOULD!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

Apparently, this entry fee is non-transferable to the next million dollar guaranteed. Here is my question:

I would like to play in the tourney as long as possible until I have to leave to go to the reunion. I have a lot of faith in the average ability of a 2+2er as oppossed to some of my friends here in Lexington who play on PP. Mainly b/c I'm the only one out of my friends who has made it to the final table of a MT tourney or even finished in the money in the MTT's for that matter really. So I guess here are some options I would consider:

1. Have an experienced 2+2er take my spot during the time in which I am unable to play and do his best to grow my stack and get us closer to the money. When I get back around 10pm EST I would take over if there are any chips left at all and I would try and take us to the money. We would have to work out a payout structure b/w the two of us.

2. Transfer my buy-in to you and allow you to play in my spot under my name for the whole tourney. You would be entitled to the full payout of the tourney. We could devise a written contract which would be binding on my part through 2+2 or however you prefer to guarantee you full rights to your winnings. I would offer you a discounted buy-in in exchange for a confirmed payment into my neteller account.

Does any of my esteemed colleagues have an interest or thoughts or comments on doing something like this? Is it unwise? Has anyone attempted this before? Thanks.

Much Success,
Wombles
Old 12-09-2004, 02:11 PM

Default Re: I can\'t play in Million Dollar tourney...entertaining options here...

I am not offering to take your spot, but if you decide to give someone acess to your account I would do the following 3 steps

1. Change your password before they log on
2. Empty your account of all money
3. Change your password after the tournament is over
Old 12-09-2004, 02:14 PM

Default Re: I can\'t play in Million Dollar tourney...entertaining options here...

since i dont plan on playing for myself in the mil, id be willing to take over for you while you're away, however, and i think youll find this problem with anyone who you might select to play for you in your absence, it will look horribly odd to party if they decide to look into the locations of the computers used to play the tourney (should a big score be had).

meaning, if you live in KY and i live in CA and you play for the first two hours, then 10 seconds later i sign onto your account, that might look weird.

my suggestion to you is to threaten party that youll go to poker stars and get their permission to play in the next mil tourney instead.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:17 PM

Get your priorities straighten out.

Poker first.

I would either sit out or let someone you trust play, letting someone go on your account is a big no no.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:27 PM

Default Re: I can\'t play in Million Dollar tourney...entertaining options here

Did you ask them if you could sell the seat back? I know people have done this for other tournys on PP.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you ask them if you could sell the seat back? I know people have done this for other tournys on PP.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have never heard of party giving someone $ for an entry won in a qualifier. id be really interested if anyone can confirm this has been done.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:32 PM

I agree with KingMedicine. Doubt they'd give you the money back, but tell Party to allow you to switch to next week's tourney. Badger them till they give in. Threaten to take your business elsewhere. Tell them its a medical emergency. Whatever. Etc.

Imagine you play for 3 hours, do amazingly well, and are near the top of the chip leaders. Then it's time to leave for the party. Will you really feel comfortable turning it over to someone, and hope they don't ruin it by the time you get home? I wouldn't. You won't even have a good time at the party, you'll be too preoccupied.

Good luck!
Old 12-09-2004, 03:00 PM

For reasons, described in other posts, you really shouldn't let a stranger use your account. If you can't trade back to pp, here is what I suggest:

You can play for 3 hours. Play looser (not maniacal, but looser) than you normally would, on a big buck tourney. You will either build up a big stack, or bust out within the 3 hours.

If you build up a big stack, you have a legimate reason to be late or a no show to the party. You may even be able to post and fold for an hour or so and get back after leaving party early. If you bust out, don't worry about it. Have a good time at the party, and look at as if you lost only the price of the satellite, and had a good time b4 the party.

JMHO
Old 12-09-2004, 03:22 PM

Yeah, I know there are safety precautions I would have to take to avoid any problems. Empty my account, change password. etc...thanks.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:31 PM

I called PP and they said that I couldn't transfer the buy-in to the next tourney. I should have made up a better excuse like I had a stroke or something [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. I'm pretty sure that they won't let you cash in the entry fee into your account.