Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2004, 10:26 PM

Default Big Ass Rant

I do not understand why my game is like a yo-yo. I am playing good poker. In fact I’m playing great poker. After a session or two of playing well (I always do, I never go on tilt as I quit when the tilt factor gets close and if I have two bad beats within any reasonable timeframe I quit) and going up, say, 50-60BB's, I always (100% of the time) loose the entire 50-60BB's. It's frustrating. I know it's not my game lacking at this point as I've purposely played excellent poker just to test it and see if it happens again. I am calling this one session. The up 50-60BB and then the down 50-60BB. I am considering this one huge session. Ok, I've test this 8 times within the past week and a half and all 8 times the exact same thing has happened. It's like clockwork.

I'm no conspiracy theorist, but something is fishy here. It's unexplainable. How can you play great poker and the exact same incident happen consistently like that? Poker isn't consistent, if anything it's probably the most inconsistent game you can play, however this has been 100% consistent with me. I do really well and then all of a sudden I get sucked out on for the entire 50-60BBs. And I mean sucked out. Every time. During the 50-60BB incline it doesn’t happen. I don’t get sucked out. People aren’t rivering me or hitting crazy hands to beat me, however during the decline that is all that happens. Bad beat after bad beat until I’m back down 50-60BB. I’ve recorded this all on paper. Every single hand I’ve monitored it. And there is ABSOLUTELY a pattern to it. I thought that maybe it was my play that slacked off, but it isn’t. My level of play has stayed the exact same. Playing tight/aggressive. Always, every hand.

While testing this I played on Party so I’m not sure what that means. I honestly think that something is going on. I know I’ve read a post that some of you think Party’s software recognizes patterns. Also, when I play B&M, this doesn’t happen. Granted I haven’t played as many sessions at B&M, but it still hasn’t happened.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:29 PM

Default Re: Big Ass Rant

Buy poker tracker and realize that internet poker is not rigged.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:32 PM

I have Poker Tracker. I have 10k hands in there. What's your point? Can you prove that it's not rigged?
Old 10-06-2004, 10:41 PM

Please tell me you are joking in this post.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:43 PM

A. 10k hands is a rediculously small sample size to determine one's winrate, or the effectiveness of a RNG.

B. Several, i would venture hundreds, of participants in these forums are profiting off of party poker, and have been for years.

C. The only long term poster who still believs that internet poker is rigged is Gabbyyy. the rest are people like you, with limited experience and smaller sample sizes.

D. What possible reason would party have for rigging their RNG? Party makes money off of the rake, not people winning on longshots.

E. You are probably not playing great poker. If you arent making money at party, you probably arent even playing good poker.

F. Assuming that party is rigged, and assuming you are playing great poker, and assuming there is no way to compensate for this, why would we care?

peace

john nickle
Old 10-06-2004, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A. 10k hands is a rediculously small sample size to determine one's winrate, or the effectiveness of a RNG.

[/ QUOTE ]

That’s just from Party. I have about 30k hands total.

[ QUOTE ]
D. What possible reason would party have for rigging their RNG? Party makes money off of the rake, not people winning on longshots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Well let’s say they didn’t. They then realize people would be removing there winnings. If you keep going up and down up and down, then there is no money to take out and they know this. Therefore they make $$$ from the interest.

[ QUOTE ]
E. You are probably not playing great poker. If you arent making money at party, you probably arent even playing good poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong. I play great poker. I never, ever, not once have had this issue playing in B&M. I’ve played about 20 B&M sessions and have won about 15 of them.

[ QUOTE ]
F. Assuming that party is rigged, and assuming you are playing great poker, and assuming there is no way to compensate for this, why would we care?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! I’m now wondering why you would say that. Its funny how the same 4-5 of you respond to these types of questions. Interesting [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2004, 10:52 PM

I'm not joking. I'm serious as hell. What part of this do you think that I would be joking about?
Old 10-06-2004, 11:00 PM

I'm not joking. I'm serious as hell. What part of this do you think that I would be joking about?

The part where you think Party's rigged after playing 10k hands there while players who have databases in the range of hundred of thousands of hands are telling you it most definitely is not

GoT
Old 10-06-2004, 11:10 PM

Which is more likely: A) You are a sub optimal player B) You are the victim of unhappy statistical circumstance, or C) The overall evaluation of the fairness of internet poker made by the overwhelming majority of 2+2 members, which all told, takes into account millions of hands played, is wrong

I'll give you a hint: It's not C. You can decide between A and B for yourself.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its funny how the same 4-5 of you respond to these types of questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll kick one in here, then.

[ QUOTE ]
when I play B&M, this doesn’t happen

[/ QUOTE ]

When are you friggin' conspiracy theorist people going to finally realize that bad beats don't happen online at any greater rate than they do in live games? You see more of them because you play more hands, period. That's it!! END OF STORY!!

If you're losing that much at Party then your game must have serious holes in it, especially if you play low-limit games. I'm WAY up online, and I'm still working on developing my game!

Dude, take a break from poker, read your books, study your stats, and try to identify your weak points. Post hands on these boards and ask questions. People will help you plug holes in your game.