Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 10:39 AM

Default RB Trade?

My RB's are Tomlinson, Ronnie Brown, Tatum Bell, and Chris Brown. Beyond Tomlinson I have a lot of upside in R. Brown and Bell, and a question mark/possible platoon situation in C. Brown. I'm hoping either R. Brown or Bell are able to establish themselves in the first few weeks of the season, before C. Brown inevitably gets hurt, but if C. Brown shares carries in Tennessee where the offense isn't that good to start with, what do I do until that point?

My question is this: Do you think Chris Brown is a safe bet to go with as a #2 RB until one of the young guys step up? Or would you potentially trade Chris Brown for Mike Anderson to complete a handcuff situation with Tatum Bell -- that way no matter what happens, I'd have the #1 RB in Denver. My concern with that would be to see Bell and Anderson end up sharing carries the way Bell and Droughns did at the end of last year.

Also, if anybody can shed any light on the RB situations in Miami and Denver, that would be helpful.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:09 AM

Default Re: RB Trade?

I think I'd stick with C Brown. Trading him for M Anderson would be giving up to much, IMO. T Henry has a turf toe thing, and until Brown gets hurt he'll put up big #'s.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:10 AM

It's very unlikely that Bell and Anderson will share carries for more than a week. Locking down your second RB position is key, so trade Brown for him if you can.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's very unlikely that Bell and Anderson will share carries for more than a week. Locking down your second RB position is key, so trade Brown for him if you can.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll be sorry you did at the end of the season.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have Brown on my dynasty league team and consider him untradable. However, when one can lock down the Denver running game, especially when you don't have a solid #2 starter, you don't pass up the opportunity.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why? brown isn't that good, and probably worse than henry

[/ QUOTE ]