Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2005, 08:19 PM

Default Re: 30/60 bellagio

Yes. It was short so we just sat in. I had chips on the table at the Commerce while we were playing at the Bike. Someone told Jack I went to the Bike to eat, so he picked me up. There were some bigger games also. I guess there is a tournament there or something. I don't know. Ask Rick.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so go ahead and politely say something like "gee you must have king queen minimum" or i guess my pocket pair is no good this time?" before you fold and they will oftentimes show you the Q when you laydown on the turn. then you have the best of both worlds, you make the right laydown and get to confirm what they have. again this works very very well against mediocres who think theyre good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even play that high, but I would imagine this would work in mid limits as well. Great post Mike.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:57 PM

"I saw the cart at HP the other day but it looked like a guy boiled Oscar Meyer weiners and slapped a "Pink's" sign on it."

no that's definitely not the case. theyre good. get the spicy polish with cheese chili onions mustard and sauerkraut on the side. yum.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:59 PM

i dont play interesting hands anymore. i never get out of line. i play bad sometimes, but dont get out of line with wacky raises that dont work anymore. poker is boring, there's nothing interesting about limit hold em. that's why you post like 1 hand every 3 months and it's usually not interesting either, although the multitudes of clueless posters who debate them with you seem to find them very confusing.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:03 AM

some movie stars and stuff play 300-600 and 400-800 there pretty frequently. yet at commerce the biggest game theyll have will be 1-2 or maybe 150-300. jerry buss was walking in the front when gabe and i got there and we quickly walked right in front of him in a hurry to find rick and eat pinks.

the 30-60 game went like this: i talked gabe into sitting down and he proceeded to win the biggest pot of the night on his first hand with no showdown. then he proceeded to win more hands with no showdown. then i got pissed watching gabe win all those pots so i got way out of line with T8o and put in tons of bets preflop and on the flop with him and sucked out on him on the turn. then i looked at him and said, let's please go im up $300 and i want to savor my victory, so he agreed and we left. good times.
Old 01-08-2005, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont play interesting hands anymore. i never get out of line. i play bad sometimes, but dont get out of line with wacky raises that dont work anymore. poker is boring, there's nothing interesting about limit hold em. that's why you post like 1 hand every 3 months and it's usually not interesting either, although the multitudes of clueless posters who debate them with you seem to find them very confusing.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's always OOT.
Old 01-08-2005, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

There's always OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike's few posts in OOT are gold, you just gotta search for them.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:06 AM

Yeah, Johnny Marr is pretty cool.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
of course i have a life outside of poker. in fact just last night gabe and i left our games at commerce and went out to do something else.

we went over to the bike to have a quick dinner with rick and play some 30-60. then we went back to commerce.

and last night i slept. and right now im posting on 2+2.

so yes i do have things i do other than play poker all the time

[/ QUOTE ]

This reminds me of the Terance Chan list of "you know you have a poker problem when..."

You've been playing far too much hold 'em lately, you think you might have a problem, and decide to take a break. And play some Omaha. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Trying to remember some of the other ones, too lazy to find the link...

- You laugh at the $3.00 ATM fee at the local cardroom, yet you seriously debate whether its worth it to "super size" your lunch.

- You can instantly divide a roll of quarters into ten perfect stacks of 4.

- Its not the winning lottery ticket, its the "nut ticket"

- At a restaurant you tip your waitress right after she brings the drinks.
Old 01-08-2005, 03:10 PM

A fine example of how to throw away money to A9s, T9s or 55-88. You should have called the river. I like your play okay other than that. He looks like a man with either a 9 or a lower pocket pair to me, but the chances of him having something better make calling the turn okay. Raising the turn and folding to a 3bet would also be a fine play, but since you're paying 2bets either way, it's probably better to see a showdown with your hand.