Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 02:17 AM

Default is the rake at pokerroom network really worse than other networks?

i remember reading that it was but that it became reasonable once past the lowest limits. is this true? if so at what limit does the rake stop being so crappy? thanks if you can share your bountiful knowledge.

Love,
Greenthumb
Old 12-12-2005, 02:20 AM

Default Re: is the rake at pokerroom network really worse than other networks?

the lower u are the worse it is...I wouldn't play under $400NL there...maybe 200...the easiest thing to do would be to go to their webpage.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:48 AM

Well the rake isn't too bad if you go down a couple forums and sign up with some of those guys. That's all I can say about that here.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:44 AM

After about 11k hands of essentially break even play on the pokernetwork (PokerRoom, Eurobet, BetonBet, etc) I'm paying $0.17 per hand in rake at the $2/4 5max. After about 4k hands at Pokerstars on $2/4 6max, I'm averaging about $0.07 per hand in rake. If you play there, i'd suggest doing it only for the bonuses, that rake difference is prettey brutal.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:43 PM

For limit I'd not touch anything below 10/20.

The rake is especially brutal in the short handed games. For 5-max it's 1.75-2BB/100 per player higher than Party up to and including 3/6 short. If the table is shorter still the rake keeps raising at PR, as they give no discount for short tables. I'm not certain it's even possible to be a long term winner three-handed on the lower PR limits. (Atleast you'd be a 3BB/100 higher winner anywhere else...)

If you play a very tight NL game the effect will be lower. But I don't think anything below 2/4 is playable, and even that is probably stretching it a bit. If you're more akin to Doyle's LAGgy style you should probably not even touch the 3/6 NL games there.

If you feel some perverted need to play on PokerRoom for the love of god visit the Affiliates/Rakeback forum here and check out your options!

And this from someone who tries to be patriotic about his home town. (On Games, which provide the network and code for the PR-network is located in my town.) Just avoid these sleazy highway robbers.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:48 PM

Full ring is pretty much fine as long as you're playing under a decent (10x or less) bonus. Shorthanded really, really sucks. The fact that they cap the rake at the size of the big blind means it's actually pretty good for NL if you can find a good game. If you get a lot of pots contested HU and taken down on the flop, it's not so good.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:03 PM

does anyone know if there's a bonuswhores style site that compares rake?
Old 12-12-2005, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For limit I'd not touch anything below 10/20.

The rake is especially brutal in the short handed games. For 5-max it's 1.75-2BB/100 per player higher than Party up to and including 3/6 short. If the table is shorter still the rake keeps raising at PR, as they give no discount for short tables. I'm not certain it's even possible to be a long term winner three-handed on the lower PR limits. (Atleast you'd be a 3BB/100 higher winner anywhere else...)

If you play a very tight NL game the effect will be lower. But I don't think anything below 2/4 is playable, and even that is probably stretching it a bit. If you're more akin to Doyle's LAGgy style you should probably not even touch the 3/6 NL games there.

If you feel some perverted need to play on PokerRoom for the love of god visit the Affiliates/Rakeback forum here and check out your options!

And this from someone who tries to be patriotic about his home town. (On Games, which provide the network and code for the PR-network is located in my town.) Just avoid these sleazy highway robbers.

[/ QUOTE ]
i am aware of rak*back deals, but i need to first find a network i want to play at. Prima has $hit for games at full ring 2/4 and up, otherwise id go there. already have a partypoker account and am to much of a loser to close and reopen one later. can anyone tell me how the crypto action is at 2/4 and up full ring or if it does not exist like prima?

Love,
Greenthumb
Old 12-12-2005, 06:38 PM

Crypto full ring from 2/4 and up pretty much doesn't exist. The shorthanded tables are wonderful.

I'd go with Stars for starters. Good software, decent game selection and lowest rake around. No unmentionable though.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:43 PM

Full ring games 2/4 and up at Cryptos is pretty much the same as Prima. Not alot going on. Usually 1 to 3 tables at 2/4, and very rarely anything above that. Absolute has more full games in the 2/4 to 5/10 range. As a rule of thumb they are not that great, but you will find some juicy ones ocassionaly at all 3 of those levels. With constant bonuses and rakeback that doesn't effect MGR, Absolute is a better choice for full ring than Prima and Cryptos.

Outside of just a few sites, you really need to play short handed to increase your table selection options. Short players at both Prima and Cryptos are pretty poor at these levels.