Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2005, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Red Sox pay $11 million to rid themselves of Edgar Renteria

[ QUOTE ]
So you are telling me that the Red Sox will move a gold glove third baseman over to first?

Marte is very clearly ready to get his shot at being a Major League starter. If there was no Lowell, it would be his job to lose. Since there is Lowell, he is going to have to come in and be a super-duper star to get the job. I agree, if he hits .500 with 9 HR's in spring, he will be in the lineup somewhere. Marte is most likely headed for another half season at AAA, bare minimum.

[/ QUOTE ]

gold gloves, please. they are the biggest farce of an award in MLB.

and yes, if the red sox think that marte is MLB ready then i don think either lowell goes to the bench as a DH/1B/3b/OF role or youks does.

the whole point being, marte WAS blocked by chipper jones who is a top level 3B. he wont be blocked by a 'has been' if lowell doesnt rebound.

if he starts at AAA, then its because the organization thinks its best. i am sure they have more qualified people to analyze the situation than you or I.

i am confused somewhat. marte is 'clearly ready' to be starter on a 105m payroll team, but the reteria trade was 'terrible' for the red sox?
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]